become an editor
the entire directory
only in Algebra/Field_Theory
Science: Math: Number Theory: Algebraic
Field Theory -- from MathWorld
- Directory of articles on Field Theory.
Field Theory and Polynomials
- Section 12 of the Mathematical Atlas by Dave Rusin.
Galois Field Package
- Allows the use of many Mathematica functions over finite fields without any modification; e.g solving linear equations, inverses, determinants, derivations, resultants. By Ryoh Fuji-Hara, University of Tsukuba. Package and documentation are available for download.
- Lecture notes and glossary, by Gavin Wraith.
Math Forum - Fields
- A catalogue of Web sites and Web pages relating to Fields.
The Solution to the Quartic Equation
- This site has the general algebraic solution to the quartic equation. It also has an example on how to solve the equation that Lodovico Ferrari solved (Ferrari discovered the solution).
Solving the Quintic by Iteration
- Peter Doyle and Curt McMullen. Web text chatracterising equations that can be solved using iterated rational maps: the Galois group must be within A5 of soluble.
Solving the Quintic with Mathematica
- Methods to solve algebraically several quintic equations. Though quintics cannot generally be solved in terms of finite sums of radicals, they can be solved as infinite series, for example. (Designed as an "on-line poster.")
The Valuation Theory Home Page
- A forum for all mathematicians who work in or use valuation theory. Directory of people, meetings, preprints, bibliography, open problems and news.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 17:54:54 UTC -