become an editor
the entire directory
only in Algebra/Basic_Algebra
Open Directory - Science: Math: Algebra: Basic Algebra
Kids and Teens: School Time: Math: Algebra
Science: Math: Algebra: Education
Science: Math: Education: Precalculus
Algebra - Mathematical Abstraction from Concrete Experience
- An explanation of how the Montessori student learns algebra while interacting with manipulatives, physical objects, represented by expressions incorporating the numerals and variables of mathematics.
Algebra - One On One
- An educational game for those wanting a fun way to learn and practice algebra.
Algebra Homework Help, Online Solvers
- Interactive homework problems. Topics include Pre-Algebra, linear Algebra and other college Algebra.
- Introduction to basic concepts of algebra: the lesson, an assignment, answer key.
- Includes common algebra rules and formulas for a quick reference.
Algebra Online Learning Sites
- Algebra and math site links in a table to help you find various math subjects from algebra to calculus, algebra games to quizzes.
Algebra Review in Ten Lessons
- Review of (high school) algebra. Acrobat Reader required.
Algebra Story Problems
- A collection of simple Word Problems illustrating concept-based problem solving.
Eck - way - tions
- Covers linear, quadratic, simultaneous, cubic and X^X equations.
Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic
- Article in the Platonic Realms.
IB Math Studies: Functions 1
- Site on Functions and Relations from the IB Mathematical Studies textbook.
Irrationality of the Square Root of Two
- Presents the classical proof, together with a shorter one due to Richard Palais of Brandeis University.
MathDork - Math, Algebra interactive tutorials
- Unique learning experience using animation to make math more intuitive and fun. Animated images, sounds create a visually appealing experience that draws the student into the material.
- Explains the process of making and proving conjectures about the behavior of equations that a repetitive trait, such as summation formulas. Includes the rules for a valid induction and some examples.
Miss Lindquist: The Online Algebra Tutor for Word Problems
- An intelligent tutoring system funded through a grant from the National Science Foundation to build software that is more like human tutors. This program will tutor students presenting them with progressively harder problems and will help me when needed.
Paul's Online Math Tutorial and Notes - Algebra
- Tutorial explains how to work with exponents, radical expressions, solving equations, inequalities, functions and graphing. Includes practice exercises and formula lists.
- Includes illustrated tutorials, categorized links, homework guidelines, and a study skills survey.
Quadratic Equation Solver
- Solves a quadratic equation in standard form to obtain real and complex roots.
Shannon's Beginning Algebra Page
- Topics covered include the order of operations, equations, exponents, polynomials, factoring, fractions, rational expressions, and radicals. Also, has practice quizzes.
Solving Story Problems
- Article in the Platonic Realms.
Theorem of Pythagoras
- Gives a geometric proof of the rule for measuring the sides of a right triangle.
- A set of tutorials on various topics in introductory mathematics, as well as free software.
West Texas A&M University - Beginning Algebra
- Learn about the "language" of math, sets, fractions, variables and simplifying formulas, using graphs, inequalities and study tips.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, March 15, 2010 12:34:56 PM EDT -