become an editor
the entire directory
only in Water_Resources/Wetlands
For Wastewater Treatment
Science: Biology: Ecology: Ecosystems: Freshwater: Wetlands
This category in other languages:
Albanian Wetland Ecosystems Project
- Project geared towards recording the nation's wetlands to create a database for use in conservation and wise use of the Albanian wetlands. Provides information, reports, and maps.
Alberta's Wetland Policy
- Information on Alberta's wetlands including classification, delineation, mitigation and research, and news summaries from Alberta and the rest of North America.
America's Wetland: Campaign to Save Coastal Louisiana
- Information about one of the largest and most productive expanses of coastal wetlands in North America, now disappearing rapidly, and efforts to protect and restore it.
The California Resources Agency Wetlands Web
- Comprehensive information about wetlands and their management in California and elsewhere. Content designed for the general public, the educational community, and government agencies.
Centre for Wetlands, Environment and Livelihoods (CWEL)
- Conducts research and offers support in maintaining sustainable wetlands in developing countries. Includes issues related to the reduction and loss of wetland areas.
Compensating for Wetland Losses Under the Clean Water Act (2001), Table of Contents
- Technical report by a committee of the National Academy of Sciences (2001). Covers wetlands restoration, mitigation, and related topics.
The Digital Field Trip to The Wetlands
- Learn about wetland ecology, including types, organisms, food webs, bog formation and conservation with Digital Frog International's award-winning educational CD-ROM.
Duke University Wetland Center
- The goal of the Duke University Wetland Center is to provide sound scientific knowledge that will lead to sustainable wetland functions and values for the nation and the world.
- Internet resource library of information on the Florida Everglades and its restoration.
Ginninderra Catchment Group
- Group of community volunteers working in the water catchment of the Ginninderra Creek, Australia. Provides information on membership, projects, news, events and a photograph gallery.
King County Wetland Topics
- Information about wetlands, wetland plants and wildlife, development and mitigation rules, and educational programs from King County Department of Natural Resources, Washington State, USA.
Lake Koshkonong Wetland Association
- Promotes Lake Koshkonong and the Rock River in southern Wisconsin including the life of natural plants, fish, birds, and other forms of wildlife in the basin.
Louisiana Coast Web Site
- contains information and links relating to coastal restoration projects in Louisiana. Site funded by the Coastal Wetlands Planning, Protection and Restoration Act (CWPPRA).
Mike Walter's Wetlands Page
- Annotated links to wetlands-related sites, especially those with an Indiana focus.
National Wetlands Inventory
- The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service provides information on the characteristics, extent, and status of the Nation’s wetlands and deepwater habitats.
Ohio Wetlands Foundation
- Non-profit providing wetland, off-site compensatory mitigation credits and funding wetlands research and education
Penn State Cooperative Wetlands Center
- Information about interdisciplinary research, monitoring, and training regarding wetlands and related resources, with an emphasis in the U.S. Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern states. One activity is developing and testing science-based methods and tools to assess and predict wetland functions.
Ramsar Convention on Wetlands
- Official site of the secretariat for the Convention on Wetlands, signed in Ramsar, Iran, in 1971. This intergovernmental treaty provides a framework for national action and international cooperation for conservation and wise use of wetlands and their resources.
The Rehabilitation of Creery Wetlands
- Provides an overview of the rehabilitation of the area including the re-introduction of the quenda.
Siberian Crane Wetland Project
- A six-year effort to sustain the ecological integrity of a network of globally important wetlands in Asia, using the Siberian Crane as a flagship species.
Society for the Conservation of Philippine Wetlands
- Network of wetland workers and advocates who engage in activities supportive of wetland conservation objectives.
Society of Wetland Scientists
- a non-profit organization founded to promote wetland science and the exchange of information related to wetlands.
South Florida Wetland Ecosystems Lab
- Describes wetlands research activities, including studies of mangrove ecology and water quality impacts in the Everglades.
South Swell Development Group
- Florida based company focused on the acquisition of developable lands to generate cash flow through wetland mitigation, activities of preservation, restoration, and creation, while retaining the upland land area for future development.
Southern California Wetlands Recovery Project
- Goal is to accelerate the pace, the extent, and the effectiveness of coastal wetland restoration in Southern California through developing and implementing a regional prioritization plan for the acquisition, restoration, and enhancement of Southern California's coastal wetlands and watersheds.
TOWRA-Net - Towra Point Nature Reserve
- All about Towra Point Nature Reserve - Sydney's most important wetland
U.S. EPA Wetlands Homepage
- About wetlands, U.S. wetlands regulation, and other U.S. governmental efforts to protect these areas. Includes large collection of internet links.
USGS National Wetlands Research Center
- Mission is to develop and disseminate scientific information needed for understanding the ecology and values of U.S. wetlands and for managing and restoring wetland habitats and associated plant and animal communities.
Virginia Association of Wetland Professionals
- Established to exchange ideas on wetlands in Virginia. Organization information, several photos of wetlands plants, and links to related information.
Water and Wildlife - National Wildlife Federation
- Educational materials, information on several major U.S. wetlands regions, U.S. legal requirements and issues related to wetlands protection, floodplain restoration, wetlands library.
West Eugene Wetlands Project
- Case study of successful conflict resolution involving wetlands in an urban area. Information on wetlands, maps, photographs, and documentation of the process of achieving compromise between environmental and business concerns.
Wetland Care Australia
- A not-for-profit company dedicated to on-ground action to repair wetlands. The web site acts as a resource for staff, researchers and the general public.
Wetland Regulations Center
- Presented by Environmental Technical Services Co. as a service to all persons interested in the laws, policies and regulations concerning activities regulated under Sections 401 and 404 of the Clean Water Act in waters of the United States, including wetlands.
- Introduction to wetlands and their value to the ecosystem.
- Non-profit organization dedicated solely to wetland conservation and sustainable management. Information about wetlands and organization activities around the world.
Wetlands International China
- Nonprofit global organization dedicated to wetland conservation and sustainable management. [Chinese, English]
Wetlands International Indonesia
- Research organization to sustain and restore wetlands in Indonesia. Information on Indonesian wetlands and project proposals.
The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust
- Engendering care and concern for wetlands by focusing on rare wetland birds and bringing people into close contact with ducks, geese, and swans at centers throughout the UK.
The Riddle of the Carolina Bays (Smithsonian Magazine)
- These confusingly named bays are not ocean inlets, nor are they confined to the Carolinas. They are eerie wetland depressions scattered across the Eastern coastal plain from southern New Jersey to northern Florida. (September 01, 1997)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 28, 2014 at 11:58:53 UTC -