become an editor
the entire directory
only in Rivers_and_Streams/Watershed_Councils
Rivers and Streams
Bushkill Stream Conservancy
- A partnership of individuals and organizations dedicated to the preservation of Bushkill Creek, a trout stream in the Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania. Includes photographs, projects, and events.
The Catawba River Foundation
- To promote an environmentally sound program for management, conservation, and preservation of the Catawba River.
Friends of The River
- State-wide river Californian conservation group. Provides public education, activist training and organizing, and expert advocacy to influence public policy decisions on land, water, and energy management issues. Journals and reports and latest campaign news.
Friends of the River Narmada
- International coalition of individuals and organizations (primarily of Indian descent) who support the campaign by the Narmada Bachao Andolan (Save the Narmada movement) to save the River Narmada in India from 30 large, 135 medium and 3000 small hydroelectric dams.
Friends of the Shenandoah River
- A volunteer, non-profit, scientific organization dedicated to the preservation and protection of the Shenandoah River watershed and its tributaries in Virginia.
Georgia River Network
- Dedicated to the conservation of Georgia's waters. Help people protect and restore their rivers and watersheds. Foster on-the-ground restoration, policy work, and education campaigns for the protection of rivers for the economic, recreational, biological, and spiritual values.
Grand River Conservation Authority
- Organization responsible for protecting the Grand River watershed in Ontario Canada, which includes tributary creeks and rivers such as the Conestogo, Speed, Eramosa and Nith. River data, background information, media releases, and details of how to get involved.
Idaho Rivers United
- Statewide, non-profit river conservation group devoted to the protection of Idaho's rivers, streams and riparian areas and the recovery of Idaho's wild salmon and steelhead.
International Commission for the Protection of the Rhine (ICPR)
- International organization linking countries with an interest in protecting and regenerating the Rhine. Includes information about the organization, how the river is monitored, and current projects and programs. Multilingual site.
King County Map of Watersheds
- Clickable map of watersheds in King County, Washington state, USA, with information about each watershed, habitats, projects and wastewater treatment systems.
Kok River Basin
- An overview of water resources, environmental and socio-economic issues in the Kok River Basin of North Thailand. Includes a clear and detailed summary of the Kok River Basin study (1998-2000).
The Lower Mekong Basin
- An overview of water resources and environmental issues in this area (the Cambodian, Laotian, Thai and Vietnamese parts of the Mekong Basin). Includes background, how resources are shared between nations, and a photographic slide tour of the river.
Mersey Basin Campaign
- A community-business partnership with a 25-year plan to improve the rivers, streams, and canals of the Mersey Basin in North West England. Winner of the 1999 International River Prize for the best river basin management initiative in the world.
Minnesota River Basin Data Center
- GIS data, data inventory, maps, descriptive information and publications about the Minnesota River Basin and its major watersheds.
Mosquito Creek Watershed
- Detailed watershed description including salmon habitat restoration projects, community events and stakeholders. Promotes stewardship of natural ecosystems and wildlife habitat in North Vancouver.
Nile Basin Initiative
- Cooperative venture between nations who share the waters of the Nile river to achieve water security and avert conflicts over water resources. History of the project and maps and photographs of the river.
Nile Basin Society
- Citizens initiative to increase awareness of the Nile River water crisis and to promote cooperation between Nile riparian countries for a sustainable water future.
The Nile River
- Comprehensive website dedicated to Egypt's River Nile. Maps and fact files and an assessment of human impacts on the river (including the impact of the Aswan High Dam).
- Council of 13 groups that helps manage the Niobrara Scenic River in north central Nebraska. Information about the Council, slide show, news, events, and details of Council meetings.
Ouachita River Foundation
- Non-profit organization dedicated to protection of Ouachita River in Louisiana and Arkansas. Includes information about the river, photographs, and history.
Pajaro River Watershed Flood Prevention Authority
- Information on the Pajaro River watershed study.
Perkiomen Watershed Conservancy
- Non-profit organization dedicated to protecting and conserving the Perkiomen watershed in Pennsylvania through education, conservation, and watchdog activities. Newsletters, links, and educational materials for adults and children.
Prairie Rivers Network
- Prairie Rivers Network strives to protect the rivers and streams of Illinois by providing information and assistance to individuals and community groups.
Redwood-Cottonwood Rivers Control Area
- Non-regulatory organization that works to enhance and protect the Redwood and Cottonwood Rivers. Journals, technical information, news, events, images, and details of how to get involved.
River Alliance of Wisconsin
- Statewide citizen advocacy organization, working to protect and restore the state's rivers. Includes information about concerns and activities in areas including selective small dam removal, hydropower relicensing, and control of polluted runoff.
River Bann and Lough Neagh Association
- Community-based group of boating enthusiasts, environmentalists, anglers, and naturalists who aim to preserve and promote the amenities of the Bann and Lough Neagh, their tributaries and associated waterways, in Ireland.
Rivers Alliance of Connecticut
- Community coalition of river organizations and individuals formed to protect and restore Connecticut's rivers. Map of Connecticut rivers, state legislation, news, background, and contact details for local river groups.
Save Our Seine Environment Inc.
- Save Our Seine (SOS) is a community based stewardship group whose mandate is to protect, preserve and enhance the Seine River Environment within the City of Winnipeg.
Snowy River Alliance
- Community group dedicated to saving the Snowy River in NSW and Victoria, Australia from the effects of hydroelectricity and irrigation. Includes information about the river itself and the long-running campaign to restore it.
Upper Chattahoochee Riverkeeper
- Independent environmental organization whose mission is to advocate and secure the protection of the Chattahoochee River, its tributaries and watershed, in Georgia, Alabama, and Florida.
Winyah Rivers Foundation
- Grassroots community organization that aims to protect, preserve, monitor and revitalize the greater Winyah Watershed that empties into Winyah Bay, South Carolina.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 4, 2015 at 5:35:03 UTC -