become an editor
the entire directory
only in Water_Resources/Rivers_and_Streams
Rivers and Streams
Floods and Floodplains
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment: Water Resources: Rivers
Society: Issues: Environment: Water
This category in other languages:
- American Rivers is a national non-profit conservation organization dedicated to protecting and restoring America's rivers and to fostering a river stewardship ethic.
- American Whitewater aims to conserve and restore America's whitewater resources and to enhance opportunities to enjoy them safely. Activities include education, conservation, events, safety, and river access.
Dr. Robert N. Crittenden
- Essays on the management of land and water sheds in Western Washington State.
Environment Agency of England and Wales
- UK government agency concerned mainly with rivers, flooding, and pollution. Public information and educational materials, "What's in your backyard?" pollution database, and current flood warnings for the UK.
EPA's Surf Your Watershed
- Environmental Protection Agency's service to help citizens locate environmental information about their local regions. Includes atlas of watersheds, how to adopt your local watershed, and watershed indicators.
European Rivers Network: RiverNet
- Mainly European information on river-basins, ecological projects, organizations working on rivers, and threats to rivers. Includes comprehensive page of European river links. Multilingual site.
- Organization working to halt destructive river infrastructure projects, address the legacies of existing projects and improve development policies and practices.
Montana Water Trust
- A private, nonprofit trust that works cooperatively with landowners to increase tributary flow to benefit Montana's native fish species.
The National Rivers Website
- Provides information on canoeing, kayaking, fly-fishing, rafting, river conservation, river access, and river navigability law.
National Weather Service Hydrologic Information Center
- Current hydrologic conditions, flood summaries, river forecasts, and related information for the U.S. Also links to other hydrometeorological information resources.
- Committed to solving river problems through grassroots citizen action. Works with private land owners and public agencies to acquire and conserve critical areas. Resources for local groups, grants for local projects, and details of the River Conservancy conservation project.
River Research and Applications
- International journal of basic and applied scientific research on biological, ecological, geomorphological, hydrological, engineering and geographical aspects of rivers. Free access to abstracts.
- Dedicated to the conservation and improved management of waterways worldwide. News bulletins and pictures.
Rivers of the World: Their Beauty and Majesty
- Provides comparative ecological and other information about 16 of the world's major rivers: Congo, Mississippi, Columbia, Blackstone, Volga, Ganges, Pawtuxet, Connecticut, Colorado, Amazon, Missouri, Murray-Darling, Hudson, Nile, Euphrates, and Housatonic.
Stream Systems Technology Center
- USDA Forest Service organization that develops and implements methodologies for study of stream hydrology. Site provides information about physical aspects of wildland streams, especially fluvial geomorphology.
U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) Real-Time Water Data
- Links to USGS sites across the United States serving data on real-time streamflow via satellite and modem.
U.S. Geological Survey Surface-Water Field Techniques Training Class
- Online course provides a basic understanding of techniques the USGS uses to collect streamflow data.
UK Rivers Network
- Network of river groups in the UK and Ireland. News and a message board for the UK rivers community.
Upper Midwest Environmental Sciences Center - About the Upper Mississippi River System
- General description of and information about the 1,300-mile Upper Mississippi River System. Includes heritage, economic, and environmental information and details of current threats faced by the river.
Usenet sci.geo.hydrology -
Usenet sci.geo.rivers+lakes -
Rivers and Streams
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 29, 2015 at 18:05:09 UTC -