become an editor
the entire directory
only in Water_Resources/Rainwater_Harvesting
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Water Resources: Rainwater Harvesting
Home: Rural Living: Homesteading
Science: Environment: Sustainability: Sustainable Living
Science: Environment: Water Resources: Drinking Water: Products and Services
Shopping: Home and Garden: Garden Accessories: Irrigation
This category in other languages:
American Rainwater Catchment Systems Association, ARCSA, A non-profit organization founded to promote rainwater catchment systems in the United States.
- ARCSA, American Rainwater Catchment Systems Association is to promote sustainable rainwater harvesting practices to help solve potable, nonpotable, stormwater and energy challenges throughout the world.
Austin Greenbuilder Program
- Rainwater harvesting section of sustainable building sourcebook describes the potential for collecting and using rainwater as a water supply.
Climate Change and Rainwater Harvesting
- Provides information on harvesting rainwater in India, putting an emphasises on the importance of meteorological, hydrogeological and various earth science parameters in designing a RWH system.
Domestic Rainwater Harvesting
- This fact sheet gives an overview of systems, component technology, planning and management, as well as the potential effects and impacts.
Drinking Rain Water
- Ask a scientist: why can't I drink rain water?
- Online community promoting sustainable water management practices. Includes articles, FAQ, and instructions for establishing collection systems.
- A case study of a rainwater collection and storage system is presented, focusing on water quality at various points: from roof runoff to an underground concrete cistern.
Harvesting Rainwater for Landscape Use
- A rainwater harvesting informational website prepared by Patricia H. Waterfall, an extension agent for the University of Arizona Cooperative Extension.
International Rainwater Harvesting Alliance
- IRHA provides lobbying and advocacy platforms for rainwater harvesting and provides a forum for its members to work together or share experiences for their mutual benefit.
Kosrae Pristine Rainwater and Green Power Corporation
- Not-for-profit organization, located in Kosrae State, Federated States of Micronesia, to combine the harvesting of rain water with a hydro power generation plant.
Rain Barrel Information and Sources
- Features information and resources on systems for collecting rain water.
Rain Water System Design Report
- Report on rain water system designs for the new environmental science and engineering building at the University of Waterloo, Canada.
Rainwater Harvesting Digest
- Dedicated to water conservation and rainwater harvesting. Includes articles, FAQ, and instructions for establishing collection systems.
Rainwater Harvesting Network
- Public interest research and advocacy organisation encouraging sustainable development strategies. Guides to different methods for catching water where it falls, newsletter, case histories (primarily in India), and related information.
UK Rainwater Harvesting Association
- News, rainwater harvesting FAQ, information for prospective members, goals and mission statement.
BBC News: Rain capture answer to water woe
- Rainwater harvesting could prove a cheap, easy solution to Africa's water woes, according to a UN report. (November 13, 2006)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, November 10, 2012 3:32:28 PM EST -