become an editor
the entire directory
only in Water_Resources/Rainwater_Harvesting
Home: Rural Living: Homesteading
Science: Environment: Sustainability: Sustainable Living
Science: Environment: Water Resources: Drinking Water: Products and Services
Shopping: Home and Garden: Garden Accessories: Irrigation
This category in other languages:
American Rainwater Catchment Systems Association
- Promotes sustainable rainwater harvesting practices to help solve potable, nonpotable, stormwater and energy challenges throughout the world.
Climate Change and Rainwater Harvesting
- Provides information on harvesting rainwater in India, putting an emphasises on the importance of meteorological, hydrogeological and various earth science parameters in designing a RWH system.
Domestic Rainwater Harvesting
- This fact sheet gives an overview of systems, component technology, planning and management, as well as the potential effects and impacts.
Drinking Rain Water
- Ask a scientist: why can't I drink rain water?
- Online community promoting sustainable water management practices. Includes articles, FAQ, and instructions for establishing collection systems.
- A case study of a rainwater collection and storage system is presented, focusing on water quality at various points: from roof runoff to an underground concrete cistern.
Harvesting Rainwater for Landscape Use
- A rainwater harvesting informational website prepared by Patricia H. Waterfall, an extension agent for the University of Arizona Cooperative Extension.
International Rainwater Harvesting Alliance
- IRHA provides lobbying and advocacy platforms for rainwater harvesting and provides a forum for its members to work together or share experiences for their mutual benefit.
- Not-for-profit organization, located in Kosrae State, Federated States of Micronesia, to combine the harvesting of rain water with a hydro power generation plant.
Rain Barrel Information and Sources
- Features information and resources on systems for collecting rain water.
Rain Water System Design Report
- Report on rain water system designs for the new environmental science and engineering building at the University of Waterloo, Canada.
- Explains the benefits, and describes simple and complex systems. Includes maintenance suggestions and an online calculator. Contributions by the Texas Cooperative Extension of Texas A&M University.
Rainwater Harvesting Network
- Public interest research and advocacy organisation encouraging sustainable development strategies. Guides to different methods for catching water where it falls, newsletter, case histories (primarily in India), and related information.
Texas Water Development Board: Rainwater Harvesting
- Links to the Texas Guide to Rainwater Harvesting and to equipment and services providers.
UK Rainwater Harvesting Association
- News, rainwater harvesting FAQ, information for prospective members, goals and mission statement.
BBC News: Rain capture answer to water woe
- Rainwater harvesting could prove a cheap, easy solution to Africa's water woes, according to a UN report. (November 13, 2006)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 11, 2014 at 7:29:55 UTC -