become an editor
the entire directory
only in Water_Resources/Organizations
Science: Earth Sciences: Organizations
Science: Environment: Organizations
This category in other languages:
Canadian Association on Water Quality
- An organization of scientists, engineers, technologists, administrators, and students engaged in or interested in research on water quality or on the control or treatment of water pollution.
Center for Watershed Protection
- Provides practical and technical information for people and communities interested in protecting and restoring urban watersheds, primarily in the United States.
- A non-profit organization bringing clean, safe drinking water to people in developing nations. Describes the issue, their projects, how to donate, and upcoming events.
Cook Inlet Keeper
- A citizen based nonprofit group dedicated to protecting the Cook Inlet Watershed and the life it sustains.
Friends of Casco Bay
- Nonprofit group that trains volunteers to help monitor Casco Bay in Maine.
- Dutch based research organization investigating the means of best managing limited water resources.
Huron Pines Resource Conservation and Development
- Non-profit organization dedicated to community development, conservation, water quality, habitat and river restoration. Useful information and tools developed on Northern Michigan watersheds including the AuSable River.
ILEC International Lake Environment Committee
- Promotes sustainable management of the world's lakes and reservoirs. Includes issues papers, a world lake database, and journal and conference information.
Indiana Rural Water Association
- Addresses the needs of Indiana's small water systems by offering educational opportunities to operators, managers, and those in charge of utilities.
International Association for Environmental Hydrology
- A worldwide association of environmental hydrologists. Site offers forums, a journal and modeling software.
Iowa Water Pollution Control Association
- Member association of the Water Environment Federation, concerned with wastewater treatment and water quality. Organization information, public education materials about current issues, job postings, and related internet links.
Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation
- Membership group interesting in restoring and preserving water quality in this area of Louisiana. The coordinate, educate, monitor regulations, encourage citizen action.
Missouri River Communities Network
- A 501(c)(3) non-profit membership organization whose mission is to enhance stewardship of the Missouri River.
The National Environmental Services Center
- NESC assists small and rural communities with their drinking water, wastewater, environmental training, infrastructure resilience, and utility management needs and helps them find solutions to problems they face.
New Mexico Water and Wastewater Association
- Organized and operates exclusively for scientific and educational purposes. Protects the public health and the environment
Nisqually River Council
- Oversees protection of the aquatic and wildlife habitats, waters, and wetlands of the river basin. Includes organization information, watershed map, reports on chinook salmon recovery efforts and other activities, and links to related sites.
North American Lake Management Society
- Established to foster the management and protection of lakes and reservoirs. Organization information, events, news, glossary of lake and water terms, publication information, and directory of lakes-related service businesses.
Oyster Pond Environmental Trust
- Nonprofit watershed organization committed to stewardship of Oyster Pond in Falmouth, Cape Cod, MA. Site describes the pond, research on its physical and biological characteristics, and pond restoration efforts. Group encourages students to do science projects on the pond.
PA Watersheds and Rivers (POWR)
- Pennsylvania statewide organization facilitating local watershed groups throughout the state. Includes information on nonpoint source pollution, volunteer water protection activities, wetlands protection, and other topics.
Sarasota Bay National Estuary Program
- Dedicated to improving and protecting Sarasota Bay, Florida. Includes information on the organization, its objectives and past successes, and general information on estuaries and their functions and values.
Texas Rural Water Association
- Non-profit trade association of MUD's, SUD's, non-profit water supply corporations, small-town water departments, investor-owned utilities and individual members. Information education programs and other activities to encourage clean, safe water supplies.
UK Rivers Network
- Environmental organization campaigning on river issues throughout England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, and North Ireland.
Water Education Foundation
- Non-profit organization educating people about water issues in California and the American West.
World Water Council
- International intergovernmental and NGO network dealing with water policy topics and issues at a high level, including transboundary issues. Conferences, reports, other publications, and related resources.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 15, 2014 at 8:45:07 UTC -