become an editor
the entire directory
only in Water_Resources/Oceans
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Water Resources: Oceans
Science: Biology: Ecology: Aquatic Ecology
Science: Earth Sciences: Oceanography
This category in other languages:
American Oceans Campaign
- An oceans advocacy non-profit organization which focuses on water/beach quality, fisheries and fish habitat, and marine sanctuaries.
Center for Sponsored Coastal Ocean Research
- Provides information on research projects, provides access to publications and lists opportunities for researchers to apply for federal funding.
Clean Ocean Action
- Clean Ocean Action's goal is to improve the degraded water quality of the marine waters off the New Jersey/New York coast. Clean Ocean Action will identify the sources of pollution and mount an attack on each source by using research, public education, and citizen action to convince our public officials to enact and enforce measures which will clean up and protect our ocean
Coalition Clean Baltic
- The main goal of CCB is the protection and improvement of the Baltic Sea environment and natural resources. CCB is gathering, producing and distributing information about environmental problems in the Baltic Sea Area.
Dauphin Island Sea Lab
- The Dauphin Island Sea Lab is Alabama's marine research facility. Site has information about lab's college/university programs, Alabama's SEAS education curriculum, and conferences on marine environmental issues (conference on jellyfish blooms in January 2000).
Funding Opportunities for Coastal Managers
- Directory of NOAA Coastal Services Center and other funding sources for coastal resource management, communities, and spatial information technologies.
Mapping European Seabed Habitats project
- Public information about the MESH (Mapping European Seabed Habitats) project; including background information, metadata database and habitat maps.
National Ocean Service
- Information on environmental monitoring, coastal monitoring and assessment, water quality, biodiversity, aeronautical chargting and cartography, nautical charting and cartography, national marine sanctuaries.
Office of Ocean and Coastal Resource Management
- OCRM's mission is to make sound decisions, with their partners, to ensure diverse, healthy coastal and ocean resources and resolve conflicts among users.
Pew Oceans Commission
- Chartered to assess the condition of America's oceans and living marine resources, and set national priorities to restore and protect them against unintended fishing impacts, coastal development, pollution, climate change, aquaculture, and invasive species.
- Ocean level rise - causes and possible solutions.
United Nations Atlas of the Oceans
- Extensive information resource on the world's oceans, including geography, biology, physical dynamics, human uses of marine resources, and issues and concerns.
NYTimes.com - Litter-Faring Seafarers
- Man-made junk, largely of plastic, accounts for up to four-fifths of the debris in the oceans. All that litter is providing more opportunities for marine organisms to spread. [Required free registration at NYTimes.com to view] (April 30, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 20, 2013 at 5:15:08 UTC -