become an editor
the entire directory
only in Water_Resources/Drinking_Water
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Water Resources: Drinking Water
Filtration and Treatment
Products and Services
Business: Food and Related Products: Beverages: Water
Business: Healthcare: Products and Services: Filters and Purifiers: Water
Science: Biology: Microbiology: Environmental Microbiology: Aquatic Microbiology
Science: Environment: Environmental Health
Shopping: Food: Beverages: Water
Shopping: Home and Garden: Kitchen and Dining: Water Treatment
Society: Issues: Health: Water Treatment
This category in other languages:
Alliance for Water Efficiency
- Non-profit organization dedicated to the efficient and sustainable use of water. Serves as a North American advocate for water efficient products and programs, and provides information and assistance on water conservation efforts.
American Water Works Association
- International nonprofit scientific and educational society dedicated to the improvement of drinking water quality and supply. Represents treatment plant operators and managers, scientists, environmentalists, manufacturers, academicians, regulators, and others.
Arsenic in Drinking Water
- EPA compendium of research related to determining safe levels and setting new standards.
ASDWA - Association of State Drinking Water Administrators
- Includes publications and position papers on a variety of technical and U.S. regulatory topics related to drinking water supply and its protection.
Association of Metropolitan Water Agencies
- Resources and information on drinking water related regulations and legislation.
Bacteria/Microbe - Contaminant Interactions
- USGS applied environmental engineering research project which focuses on monitoring of pathogens in US water supplies. Site tells how environmental microbiology is done, and describes facilities, capabilities, collaborators. Some online articles.
California Water Association
- A consortium of investor-owned water utilities providing water utility services to customers throughout California. Site has information on drinking water standards, water treatment, and related topics.
Drinking Water and Health Basics
- U.S. EPA Office of Ground Water and Drinking Water information on drinking water and health, including the National Primary Drinking Water Standards, fact sheets on specific drinking water contaminants, and guidance regarding Cryptosporidium for people with compromised immune systems.
Drinking Water Information Resources
- Comprehensive collection of information about the safety and quality of drinking water.
Drinking Water Purity
- Provides a guide to water treatment methods including activated carbon filtration, reverse osmosis, distillation, disinfection and bottled water.
Drinking Water Treatment
- Provides information on residential water treatment and commercial water treatment. Include videos on drinking water quality and information on drinking water service providers.
King County Drinking Water
- A technical summary about the sources of drinking water for King County, precipitation, water use, private and public systems and the number and size of water systems.
- A Christian, non-profit organization helping rural poor (around the world) obtain safe drinking water. Lifewater Canada trains people to drill safe drinking water wells and build water pumps (handpumps). On-line resources include a 100-page water well drilling and hand pumps tutorial.
Magnesium in Drinking Water
- Describes the health benefits of magnesium.
Mohawk Valley Water Authority
- Offers water quality reports, list of board of directors, and information about the Safe Drinking Water Act.
Natural Resources Defense Council
- Resources on drinking water, from levels of Arsenic in drinking water to the quality of bottled water.
Safe Drinking Water is Essential
- Over 1 billion people lack access to safe drinking water worldwide. Learn more about this problem and explore possible solutions in this virtual exhibition.
Sulfate in Drinking Water
- Sulfate is a naturally occurring constituent in water. Site presents information on research by the U.S. EPA Office of Drinking Water into health aspects of sulphate in water.
U.S. EPA Drinking Water Standards Program
- Existing and proposed U.S. standards for drinking water quality, standards enforcement, and current initiatives to evaluate the safety of specific substances in public water supplies.
- Information on obtaining clean water through filtration, purification, chemical treatment and boiling. Advice on preparing for emergency water needs at home, finding water in the wild and reducing water pollution.
Water Quality Association
- Water Quality Association (WQA) is the international trade association representing the household, commercial, and industrial water quality improvement industry.
Wilkes University Drinking Water and Environmental Library
- Information on common drinking water quality concerns.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 8, 2013 at 9:54:10 UTC -