the entire directory
only in Environment/Water_Resources
Lakes and Ponds
Rivers and Streams
Products and Services
Research Groups and Centers
Science: Agriculture: Practices and Systems: Irrigation
Science: Biology: Ecology: Ecosystems: Estuarine
Science: Chemistry: Environmental Chemistry
Science: Earth Sciences: Geochemistry
Science: Environment: Products and Services: Consultants
Science: Physics: Fluid Mechanics and Dynamics
This category in other languages:
Aral Sea Story
- Information on the drying up of the Aral Sea which was once the fourth biggest inland sea in the world.
Asian Water Scientist Network
- Includes a directory of water scientists in Asia and worldwide listings of upcoming conferences of possible interest.
California Bay-Delta Authority
- About programs to develop and implement a long-term comprehensive program to restore ecological health and improve water management in the San Francisco Bay-Delta ecosystem.
Christina River Basin / Watershed of Delaware, Maryland, and Pennsylvania
- Information hub and method of public outreach for enhancing informed public participation in watershed management in the Christina River Basin of Delaware, Maryland, and Pennsylvania.
Delaware's Pollution Control Strategy
- Working through Tributary Action Teams it is designed to educate about water pollution prevention in Delaware's watersheds. Includes resources to learn how to be effective in preventing water pollution.
EDF Chemical Scorecard
- Toxic Release Inventory data for the US. Sources and amounts of toxic chemicals released to air and water. Also has information on health effects and other topics.
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Office of Water
- US federal agency responsible for protecting and improving water quality. Details of national water programs, online library, local information, laws, and kids page.
Global Water Partnership
- They support integrated water resources management programmes by collaboration, at their request, with governments and existing networks and by forging new collaborative arrangements.
Hillslope and Watershed Hydrology Lab, Oregon State University
- Conducts research on the hydrologic cycle, particularly runoff generation processes in diverse watersheds. Includes publications and presentations, information about opportunities for students, and related links.
Hydrologic Engineering Center (HEC), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Research, training, and software for hydrologic engineering and water resources planning and management.
Institute of Hydraulic Engineering, University Stuttgart
- Lists areas of research, degrees offered, and publications.
Isotopes in Water and Environmental Management
- Uses of isotopes (both stable and radioactive) and isotope data in hydrology. Source is IAEA.
- Subsidiary of the International Water Association offering information services on drinking water, wastewater and related environmental fields.
Journal of Water Science
- International electronic journal publishing original research papers in the areas of hydrology (surface and groundwater), water quality, hydrobiology, ecotoxicology, potable and wastewater treatment and water resources management.
Marin County Stormwater Pollution Prevention Program
- Public education resource about watersheds, water quality, and preventing water pollution.
Mexican Institute of Water Technology (IMTA)
- State-owned organization dedicated to research, development, transfer of technology, and education related to water management and conservation. Find details of mission, infrastructure, products, and services. [Spanish, English]
Netherlands Water Partnership - Water Information Network
- Comprehensive database of the Netherlands water community. Includes information on organisations with their geographic/technical areas of expertise, water projects, and international water events. Describes water issues and projects in all parts of the world.
Riparian Forest Buffers
- Illustrated document discusses stream side forests as protection and enhancement of the water resources of the eastern United States.
Southeast Watershed Research Laboratory
- Branch of the USDA Agricultural Research Service (ARS) collecting water resource related data to monitor the environment as it is affected by land use.
- Internet directory for hydrologic modeling, GIS, GPS and remote sensing.
UNESCO Water Portal
- Database access and worldwide news and information on fresh water topics, including scientific policies, programmes, forums, events, photos and links.
University of Florida Water Resources Research Center
- Funding research projects in Florida, offering descriptions of these grants, information on other water resource news and links to government and university sites.
USGS -- Water Resources of the United States
- Home page for water resources information from the U.S. Geological Survey. Topics include ground water, surface water, water use, water quality, acid rain, toxic substances hydrology.
UW Extension Water & Natural Resources
- Information about water quality programs and related environmental concerns in Wisconsin.
Water - European Environmental Agency
- Collection of reports, links, and data sets on European water resources topics.
- Site dedicated to creating a marketplace for buyers and sellers of water rights, water utilities and water sources such as springs.
Water Librarians' Home Page
- Resources for librarians in water agencies and similar institutions.
- For water and wastewater professionals. Industry news, regulatory updates, latest technology announcements and employment opportunities
Water Web Consortium
- Internet directory, webring, online forums, and international workshops intended to promote the sharing of information concerning water and the earth's environment.
- Articles explore prehistoric and historic water projects worldwide.
- Portal site for water businesses and the topic of water management, particularly in France.
Watershed Atlas of the Allegheny River
- Describes what a watershed is, how a water cycle works, and shows how the last glacier shaped the western Pennsylvania/southwest New York region. Focus is on how water works within natural systems, and how human activities can impact water quality.
World Water Conservation
- Reports on the status of water supply and water-saving measures at various locations around the world.
World Water Day
- Focuses on international water issues such as working to alleviate poverty and hunger, sustainable development, environmental integrity, and human health.
The World's Water
- Supplement to a book by Peter H. Gleick. Comprehensive data on worldwide freshwater resources and associated political, economic, scientific, and technological issues.
Wyoming Water Resources Data System
- The Water Resources Data System is a clearinghouse of hydrological and climatological data for the State of Wyoming
Usenet sci.geo.hydrology -
Usenet sci.geo.rivers+lakes -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 6, 2015 at 3:35:54 UTC -