the entire directory
only in Environment/Sustainability
Pollution Prevention and Recycling
Science: Environment: Climate Change
Science: Environment: Organizations
Science: Technology: Energy
WWW Virtual Library: Sustainable Development
- A list of internet sites dealing with sustainable development, including organisations, projects and activities, electronic journals, libraries, references and documents, databases.
5th World Network for Sustainable Development
- Networking and education for individuals and communities interested in sustainable development, permaculture design, and bioregional resource protection.
Best Practices in Sustainable Development
- Searchable database cataloging over 650 good and best practices from more than 90 countries on how people, their communities, the public and private sectors have been able to tackle critical social, economic and environmental problems.
- Web magazine and forum dedicated to discussions of sustainable living practices in human communities, with emphases on transportation, urban design, environmental and economic justice, community, and energy efficiency. Topics include Bike People, Suburbia Project, and Sustainability.
Center for Ecoliteracy
- Works with schools and networks on education for sustainable living.
Center of Excellence for Sustainable Development
- Supported by the U.S. Department of Energy. Site resources and links are related to community sustainable and sustainable living.
- Nonprofit organization based in Florida assisting counties, cities and towns to develop sustainable land use plans, zoning and land development codes. Offers "Green Audits".
Community Action Network
- Works towards sustainable social, health, educational, and economic outcomes through engaging the community in a planning and implementation process that coordinates public, private, and individual actions and resources. Includes issue information, legislative agenda, reports, and calendar of events.
- Explores how human society can become sustainable, and serves as a catalyst for voluntary change toward a more humane and sustainable culture.
- Hundreds of articles by Jay Hanson and others citing statistics to show that human energy use will result in human extinction. With historical quotes, explanatory charts and graphs, and links.
Donella Meadows Institute
- A "think-do tank" dedicated to sustainable resource use, economics, and community. Providing information, analysis, and practical demonstrations that can foster transitions to sustainable systems at all levels of society, from local to global. Limited information on website.
- Homepage of Prof. David Bainbridge. Information and articles about agroforestry, sustainable building, and environmental restoration. Also, technical consulting services. List of natural fibers. Technology and materials descriptions.
European Partners for the Environment (EPE)
- Network of European organizations, companies, trade unions and related groups working on sustainable development. Site has extensive resources on links on sustainability at all scales. Special topics include green purchasing, sustainable tourism, and Europe-specific environmental sourcebooks.
Favorite Destinations of Liberty Graphics
- Links to online resources for sustainable agriculture, ecology, wildlife, organic farming, and other environmentally concerned companies.
Forum on Science and Technology for Sustainability
- Facilitates information exchange including key documents, events, web sites, ideas, and discussions within the emerging field of sustainability science.
Global Environment and Technology Foundation
- Information resources promoting the development and use of innovative technology to achieve sustainable development.
GPI Atlantic - Genuine Progress Index for Atlantic Canada
- Non-profit research group developing an index for measuring sustainable development for Nova Scotia, integrating social, economic, and environmental variables.
- A UK organisation that aims to promote sustainable development by ensuring that the environment is at the heart of decision-making.
- Offers a place where global green companies and investors can meet Japanese green and clean technological innovations and business opportunities.
- Diverse information about sustainable agriculture, native ecosystems, and issues. Site offers different territory specific sections.
- International Institute for Sustainable Development. Focus is on sustainability at the global, regional, and community scales.
Institute for Local Self Reliance (ILSR)
- The ILSR is a nonprofit research and educational organization that provides technical assistance and information on environmentally sound economic development strategies.
Institute for Sustainable Development
- At Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane, Australia. Offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses and scientific research programs.
The Knossus Project
- US based research and development firm that promotes integrated sustainable systems.
Looking for Oregon's Future: What is Sustainability?
- An exploration of the definitions, issues, and efforts related to sustainability, both in Oregon and other places.
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH Zurich initiatives for sustainability, energy, ecology and economy. Includes information about current projects and upcoming events. English/French/German.
Pee Dee Resource Conservation and Development Center
- Purpose is to promote conservation and sustainable rural development. Includes archived newsletters council members, events calendar, historic markers, and educational articles. Located in South Carolina.
Regional Information Service Centre for Southeast Asia on Appropriate Technology
- Resource on appropriate technologies in the fields of sustainable agriculture, waste management, textiles and renewable energy, primarily in Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam and Yunnan province in China.
Schumacher Center For New Economics
- Organization promoting social and environmental sustainability through decentralism. Information on philosophies, projects and lectures; community-oriented economies, local currencies, community land trusts, and similar measures.
Second Nature: Education for Sustainability
- Nonprofit organization working to help colleges and universities expand their efforts to make environmentally sustainable and just action a foundation of learning and practice. Organization information and resources for promoting sustainability.
Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI)
- Independent, international research institute specialising in sustainable development and environment issues at local, national, regional and global policy levels. Aims to clarify the requirements, strategies and policies for a transition to sustainability. These goals are linked to the principles advocated in Agenda 21 and the Conventions such as Climate Change, Ozone Layer Protection and Biological Diversity.
- Website about sustainable development in the construction, engineering, planning and property sectors. Searchable listings of sustainability events, searchable index, and sample articles. Focus is on the UK.
Sustainability - US EPA
- US Environmental Protection Agency programs, research and activities related to Urban Sustainability; Water and Ecosystem Services; Energy, Biofuels and Climate Change; and Materials Management and Human Health.
Sustainability Web Ring
- The webring focuses on the efforts of organizations to achieve sustainable development.
Sustainable Architecture Building and Culture
- A unique compendium of links for those interested in sustainable design and building. A good start, when moving toward making life easier on the earth.
Sustainable Development Department
- of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), providing multilateral financial assistance for Latin America and the Caribbean. Provides technical advice to Bank project teams, and creates and disseminates knowledge on sustainable development issues with three divisions: Social Development; Environment and Natural Resources; and Infrastructure and Financial Markets.
- New Zealand organization offering workshops, consultancy, and other education, training and support, to further the particular goals of a business or organization while advancing a sustainable environment.
Tools of Change: Proven Methods for Promoting Health and Environmental Citizenship
- Case studies, planning guides and worksheets for programs to promote healthier and/or more environmentally sustainable actions and habits.
- UK site with links and resources for sustainable development initiatives.
WWW Encyclopedia of Sustainable Development
- Sustainability information for use at all levels, from that of senior decision makers at the national and international levels to the grass-roots and individual levels.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 3, 2013 at 15:12:02 UTC -