become an editor
the entire directory
only in Environment/Ozone_Layer
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Ozone Layer
Ozone Depletion Issue
Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Atmospheric Chemistry
CFCs (Chlorofluorocarbons) and Ozone Depletion
- CIESIN thematic guide.
CIESIN Thematic Guide on Ozone Depletion
- Overview of key concepts related to stratospheric ozone depletion, including the role of chlorofluorocarbons, health effects from increased exposure to UV-B radiation, environmental effects, and policies and responses.
Climate Prediction Center's Stratosphere Home Page
- NOAA organization's UV Index forecasts and maps of stratospheric ozone depletion, daily hemispheric ozone, and stratospheric temperature time series.
EFCTC : Fluorocarbons (HCFC, HFC, PFC) and Sulphur hexafluoride (SF6)
- Presents information about fluorocarbons (HCFC, HFC, PFC) and sulphur hexafluoride (SF6), including applications, physical and chemical properties, environmental impact and regulatory aspects.
Environmental Effects of Ozone Depletion
- Report of 1998 United Nations Environment Programme Assessment Pane, covering changes in ultraviolet radiation, effects on human and animal health, effects on terrestrial ecosystems, effects on aquatic ecosystems, effects on biogeochemical cycles, effects on air quality, and effects on materials.
Environmental Effects of Ozone Depletion: 1998 UNEP Assessment
- Special issue of Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology (pdf format) presents the seven technical papers comprising the United Nations Environment Programme assessment.
The European Ozone Research Coordinating Unit (EORCU)
- Co-ordinating unit of stratospheric ozone research in Europe.
Handbook for the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer
- Seventh edition (2006) which provides the details of this protocol. Includes FAQs.
International Ozone Services Inc.
- Offers worldwide ozone and UV calibration services to customers with Brewer Ozone Spectrophotometer instruments.
NSF Polar UV Monitoring Network
- Monitors UV radiation at six sites in Antarctica, Argentina, California, and Alaska.
The Origin of the Ozone Hole: Natural or Anthropological
- Article by James A. Marusek discussing the two theories that explain ozone depletion. One theory postulates that the cause is man made, and the other, that the cause is a weakening of the Earth’s magnetic field. [PDF]
The Ozone Hole Tour
- An overview of the ozone layer and the development of the ozone hole over the Antarctic hosted by the Centre of Atmospheric Science, University of Cambridge.
- Information from Wikipedia on this layer in the lower portion of the stratosphere, from approximately 10 km to 50 km above Earth's surface, which contains a relatively high proportion of ozone.
Ozone UK, Europe and Global.
- Ozone TOVS TOMS and GOME data. Unique NW Euro Maps and graphics. Calculated global and UK averages using GRIB data. Links to Ozone, Weather and Climate.
SAGE III Ozone Loss and Validation Experiment (SOLVE)
- a measurement campaign sponsored by NASA's Ames Research Center designed to examine the processes controlling ozone levels at mid- to high latitudes.
The Science of Stratospheric Ozone Depletion
- Union of Concerned Scientists primer on the ozone layer, its importance, the effects of human-produced chemicals, and prospects for the future.
SEDAC: Stratospheric Ozone and Human Health Project
- Data and resources in the areas of ultraviolet (UV) radiation, ozone, and human health impacts of UV exposure. UV radiation is known to be a significant risk factor for skin cancers, eye cataracts, and immune system suppression.
- This Environment Canada site deals with issues, programs and other aspects having to do with stratospheric ozone.
Stratospheric Ozone Depletion
- NASA resource file for students and teachers
Stratospheric Ozone Monitoring and Research in NOAA
- Provides a comprehensive technical primer on the ozone layer and its depletion, as well as access to real-time and historical monitoring data, descriptions of instruments used to detect ozone, and related information and links.
Third European Stratospheric Experiment on Ozone (THESEO)
- THESEO is taking place during 1998 and 1999. The main aim is to improve our understanding of the causes of ozone depletion over Europe and other mid-latitude regions, where the ozone layer has been progressively depleted for the last 20-30 years.
UNEP OzonAction Programme
- A global clearinghouse service and Regional Networks of NOUs that promote the exchange of information, experience and know-how required to meet commitments under the Montreal Protocol.
US Environmental Protection Agency: Ozone Depletion
- Information about stratospheric ozone depletion, US regulations about CFCs and substitutes, ozone science, international policy, and the UV Index
USDA UV-B Monitoring and Research Program
- Collects information on geographical distribution and trends of UVB radiation in the US, in order to assess potential impacts of increasing ultraviolet radiation levels on agricultural crops and forests.
Worrest, Robert C.
- About the Director of the US Global Change Research Information Office (GCRIO) and Associate Director for CIESIN Washington Operations, and his publications on the effects of stratospheric ozone depletion on the biosphere.
- Analyses of material flows of chemicals in the environment, including chemicals damaging the ozone layer. [Site in English and German. Flags are language selectors.]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, April 20, 2013 6:35:05 AM EDT -