become an editor
the entire directory
only in Organizations/Professional_Associations
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Organizations: Professional Associations
Health Physics and Radiological Health
Health: Occupational Health and Safety: Organizations
Science: Biology: Organizations
Science: Earth Sciences: Organizations
Science: Organizations: Associations
Society: Organizations: Professional
Air & Waste Management Association (A&WMA)
- Professional organization that provides training, information, and networking opportunities to 12,000 environmental professionals in 65 countries. Focus is on air quality, waste management and environmental management.
American Indoor Air Quality Council
- A non-profit organization that provides its membership IAQ training, IAQ certification, and bi-monthly newsletters.
American Society of Limnology and Oceanography (ASLO)
- The purposes of ASLO are to promote the interests of limnology, oceanography and related sciences, to foster the exchange of information across the range of aquatic science, and to further investigations dealing with these subjects.
Environmental Law Alliance Worldwide (E-LAW)
- A network of public interest attorneys, scientists, and other advocates around the world who support each others' work by exchanging legal and scientific information to defend the environment in their home countries.
Environmental Protection UK
- UK association of environmental protection specialists. Works on environmental protection and management issues including air quality and noise.
Environmental Services Association of Alberta (ESAA)
- Business group dedicated to building a strong environmental industry. Group offers the Environment Business (EB) series of professional development courses designed to enhance the technical knowledge of environment industry personnel.
Forest Service Employees for Environmental Ethics
- Nonprofit organization working to forge a socially responsible value system for the U.S. Forest Service. About the organization, issues information and action alerts, and advice for federal employees seeking to effect change.
Geneva Environment Network
- Brings together UN organizations, government agencies, NGOs and industry resident in Geneva, Switzerland.
Institute of Environmental Management
- UK membership organisation for individuals involved in environmental management and assessment, whether they be in business, government, consultancy or the regulators.
Institute of Professional Environmental Practice
- IPEP's objectives are to improve the practice and educational standards of environmental professionals and to administer the QEP and EPI application, examination, and certification process.
Institution of Environmental Sciences
- Professional body for environmental scientists in the UK to provide balanced, scientific information on the environment to members and the public. Includes organization information, journal archive, and links.
International Erosion Control Association
- For professionals in the erosion and sediment control industry.
International Marine Animal Trainers Association
- Founded to foster communication, professionalism, and cooperation among those who serve marine mammal science through training, public display, research, husbandry, conservation, and education.
International Society of Environmental Forensics
- Professional association in the emerging field of scientific investigations that address environmental contamination subjected to law, court arbitration, public debate, or formal argumentation. About the organization, upcoming workshops, and society journal.
Louisiana Environmental Professionals Association
- LEPA explains its purpose and history, and gives information on its officers, meetings, and membership.
NALGEP - National Association of Local Government Environmental Professionals (U.S.)
- Brings together local environmental officials to network and share information on innovative environmental practices, conduct environmental policy projects, promote environmental training and education, and communicate the view of local environmental officials on national environmental issues.
National Association for Environmental Management
- NAEM is a non-profit educational association dedicated to advancing the knowledge and practice of environmental, health and safety management. It works to enhance the competency and skills of its members by providing professional development opportunities through its programs, publications and networking.
National Association for Interpretation
- NAI is a private, nonprofit, international association for professionals in natural and cultural interpretation (on-site informal education programs at parks, zoos, nature centers, historic sites, museums, and aquaria).
National Association of Environmental Professionals
- Multidisciplinary association dedicated to the advancement of the environmental professions in the U.S. and abroad. Includes information on its objectives, membership, chapters, events, publications and working groups.
National Registry of Environmental Professionals
- The mission of NREP is to provide legal and professional recognition of individuals possessing education, training and experience as environmental managers, engineers, technologists, scientists and technicians -- and to consolidate that recognition in one centralized source -- so that the public, government, employers and insurers can justify the importance and acceptance of such individuals to carry out operation and management of environmental activities.
Northwest Association of Environmental Professionals
- We are environmental professionals in Washington and Oregon dedicated to sharing information and ideas while striving to advance the highest standards of ethics and competency within the profession.
Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility
- Advocacy group supporting professional employees of government regulatory and resource agencies in the United States.
Society of Environmental Journalists
- The organization's aim is to improve the quality, accuracy and visibility of reporting on the environment. Searchable calendar of environmental events and SEJ conferences, issues, jobs, awards and fellowships.
Soil and Water Conservation Society
- Soil and Water Conservation Society is a non-profit, scientific and educational organization of professional conservationists.
The George Wright Society
- A nonprofit association of protected area professionals dedicated to the preservation of cultural and natural parks and reserves.
The Institute for Tribal Environmental Professionals
- Provides information, resources, and discussion forums, relating to tribal environmental issues and management.
The Organization of Fish and Wildlife Information Managers
- OFWIM aims to promote the management and conservation of natural resources by facilitating technology and information exchange. Provides information on the organization, membership, the newsletter and meetings.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, September 29, 2011 11:49:54 AM EDT -