become an editor
the entire directory
only in Organizations/Marine
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Organizations: Marine
Science: Biology: Ecology: Ecosystems: Marine: Research Centers
Science: Earth Sciences: Oceanography: Organizations
1 Planet 1 Ocean
- A nonprofit organization founded to explore, restore and sustain the oceans through strong international partnerships, including the Gulf of Mexico and Cuba.
Alaska Marine Conservation Council
- A community-based organization of coastal residents and others whose ways of life, and often livelihood, depend on healthy marine ecosystems.
Australian Institute of Marine Science
- Conducts research on sustainable use and protection of the marine environment.
Australian Marine Conservation Society
- Non-profit, non-government organization that has a unique role in promoting the study and conservation of all aquatic life.
Center for Bioacoustics
- Focuses on the development of research projects on the acoustic communication in marine animals, the study of practical applications in regard to the monitoring and censusing of cetaceans.
Center for Coastal Studies
- A private non-profit organization for research, conservation, and education in the coastal and marine environments.
Center for Marine Biodiversity & Conservation
- Part of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the University of California at San Diego. Focus areas are located off the California coast and the Pacific ocean with a focus on climate change, biodiversity and ecosystems. Includes research areas, staff and post-graduate courses offered.
Center for Marine Science Research at UNC Wilmington
- Dedicated to providing an environment that fosters a multidisciplinary approach to questions in basic marine research.
Cetacean Behavior Laboratory
- Intended for prospective graduate students and interns of dolphin research.
Coastal Resources Center at the University of Rhode Island
- The goal of research and learning at the center is to increase the effectiveness and impact of coastal ecosystem governance worldwide.
Grand Manan Whale and Seabird Research Station
- Dedicated to research and education to promote conservation of marine ecosystems. Offers programs designed to educate, discover new facts, develop alternatives and to make a difference. Located in New Brunswick, Canada.
Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution, Inc.
- Advanced subs, ships, and labs facilitate ocean research and education at our leading-edge, nonprofit organization.
International Cetacean Education Research Centers (I.C.E.R.C)
- Contact information about centers worldwide
International Institute of Fisheries, Economics and Trade (IIFET)
- An international group of economists, government managers, private industry members, and others interested in the exchange of research and information on marine resource issues. Find resources, publications, conference schedule, and member information.
International Ocean Institute
- Non-profit organization devoted to the sustainable development as well as the management and conservation of the world's oceans.
International Whaling Commission
- Intergovernmental body responsible for the conservation of whales and the management of whaling.
Marine Conservation Society
- UK charity dedicated to the protection of the marine environment and its wildlife. Includes information about marine resources and current threats.
The National Association of Marine Laboratories
- US non-profit organization that aims to improve the quality and effectiveness of ocean, coastal and Great Lakes research, education and outreach.
National Coalition for Marine Conservation
- Dedicated exclusively to conserving ocean fish, preventing overfishing, reducing by catch and protecting habitat.
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- an agency of the U.S. Department of Commerce. Conducts environmental research.
Northwest Straits Marine Conservation Initiative
- Protecting and restoring marine resources and habitats in Washington State.
Ocean Conservation Society
- A non-profit corporation, which serves as the parent organization for several marine research projects such as The Los Angeles Dolphin Project and the Yucatan Sea Turtle and Dolphin Project. As the parent organization, OCS organises, administrates and funds serious research projects by seeking grants, contributions, and corporate sponsorships.
Ocean Mammal Institute (OMI)
- Collects data on the impact of human marine activities on whales and dolphins. The research results are used to develop guidelines to protect these marine mammals.
- A Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition where you can view biodiversity tours, view pictures of Sea Turtles and other marine life, and learn about previously undiscovered marine life.
- Non-profit company for the education, monitoring and conservation of the marine environment and marine life. Grenada, West Indies.
The Oceania Project
- Unique whale and dolphin photos taken during the Hervey Bay research expeditions and news, information and educational resources about whales and dolphins.
Oceanic Resource Foundation
- A non-profit, scientific research organization based in San Francisco, California, dedicated to the preservation of the global marine environment and preservation of marine biological diversity as the path to a healthy and productive marine environment.
SandyHook SeaLife Foundation
- Marine environmental group involved in conservation through education, volunteerism and political action, focusing on migratory predators, sustainable fisheries and marine animal populations.
Sea Watch Foundation
- UK-based cetacean monitoring unit and charity organisation.
- Non-profit organisation that campaigns for shark conservation and legislation to protect sharks from overfishing.
The Society for Ocean Sciences
- The society aims to educate the public about the delicate relationship between humans and the world's oceans. Provides details of its programs, research and conservation efforts.
U.S. World Ocean Circulation Experiment (WOCE )
- Investigate the ocean's role in decadal climate change.
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI)
- The largest independent oceanographic research institution in the United States.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 15, 2013 at 22:30:56 UTC -