become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/North_Carolina
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Organizations: Land Trusts: United States: North Carolina
Regional: North America: United States: North Carolina: Science and Environment
Bald Head Island Conservancy
- Protects and preserves the natural environment of the Smith Island complex. Includes stewardship plan, education, research, preserved properties, calendar, news, annual report.
Blue Ridge Forever
- Consortium of 13 partnering land conservancies with a goal to protect 50,000 acres in Western North Carolina. Features recent projects, news, ways to protect the land. Based in Asheville.
Carolina Mountain Land Conservancy
- Nonprofit organization promotes preservation and stewardship of land through land trusts and conservation easements. Based in Hendersonville NC.
Catawba Lands Conservancy
- Protects the land, water and wildlife resources of the Southern Piedmont and Lower Catawba River Basin.
Conservation Trust for North Carolina
- Helps protect the state's land and water resources. Features landowner assistance, public policy, and list of local land trusts across the state.
Davidson Lands Conservancy
- Non-profit land conservancy group. Features mission and history, membership information, events and donations. Based in Davidson, NC.
Eno River Association
- Non-profit organization devoted to protecting the Eno River basin from development and pollution. Calendar of events, wildflower photos, maps, and newsletters.
Foothills Conservancy of North Carolina
- Preserves natural areas of the Blue Ridge Foothills region. Includes mission, news, events, information on conservation easements, details on protected lands.
The LandTrust for Central North Carolina
- Has preserved over 8000 acres in the Central and Southern Piedmont region. Information about protected sites, capital campaign, news, and ways to help.
Little Tennessee Watershed Association
- Non-profit that protects and restores the water quality and habitat of the Little Tennessee River and its tributaries. Features programs, publications, events. Based in Franklin, NC.
National Committee for the New River
- Nonprofit organization working to protect and enhance the natural and cultural resources of the New River and its watershed. Includes information about current issues and activities.
North Carolina Coastal Land Trust
- Non-profit organization formed in 1992 to help protect locally and regionally valuable natural areas and waters. Provides details about the organization, current campaigns, and membership information.
Pacolet Area Conservancy
- Protects and conserves natural resources of the Carolina foothills. Features information on strategies, water quality, volunteer opportunities.
Piedmont Land Conservancy
- Serves the Triad region of the state. Features projects, news and events, information on membership and donations.
Sandhills Area Land Trust
- Protects lands and natural resources in the south central portion of the state. Includes mission, projects and protected lands, calendar, newsletter. Based in Southern Pines and Fayetteville, NC.
The Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy
- Engaged in conservation projects in the North Carolina and Tennessee mountain region. Includes information about conservation priorities, photographs, news and events, and contact information.
Tar River Land Conservancy
- Works in partnership with private landowners, businesses, public agencies, and others to protect rural landscapes and riparian corridors. Information about the organization, protected lands, news and events.
Triangle Land Conservancy
- Nonprofit corporation whose mission is to create a regional network of open space and natural areas in the six county Triangle region (Chatham, Durham, Johnston, Lee, Orange and Wake counties).
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 26, 2013 at 4:54:08 UTC -