become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/California
Regional: North America: United States: California: Science and Environment
Antelope Valley Conservancy
- Antelope Valley Conservancy is a nonprofit local land trust that provides services to implement land conservation in the southern Mojave Desert and mitigation land banks in the Lancaster and Palmdale area of California.
Ballona Wetlands Land Trust
- Details on the acquisition and preservation of the last coastal wetlands in Los Angeles, California.
Bay Area Ridge Trail Council
- Creating a continuous 550+-mile trail for hikers, mountain bicyclists, and equestrians along the ridgelines overlooking San Francisco Bay.
Bear Yuba Land Trust
- Private, non-profit membership supported conservation group working to acquire, conserve and enhance land in support of a balanced and healthy environment.
Big Sur Land Trust
- Mission is to protect for public benefit lands in Monterey County which are significant as natural habitat, open space, agricultural, watershed and recreational property.
Bolsa Chica Land Trust
- Educational tour and interactive site with photos and sounds of birds, wildlife, and landscapes.
The Coarsegold Resource Conservation District
- A forum to furnish landowners with the latest information and provide educational material for their use in the management of their property.
Coastal San Luis Resource Conservation District
- A working conservation district dedicated to enhancing and maintaining the natural resources in the district.
Committee for Green Foothills
- A community-based organization advocating the protection and preservation of environmental integrity in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Seeks to protect and enhance the ecological systems of the North Coast of San Luis Obispo County through land acquisition and management, public education and advocacy.
John Muir Land Trust
- Working to preserve open space in Contra Costa County, California for agriculture, recreation and natural habitat protection. Includes calendar of events, maps, membership information, and contact details.
Land Trust of Santa Cruz County
- In cooperation with public and private interests, protects and manages lands of significant natural resource, agricultural, cultural and open space value.
Marin Agricultural Land Trust
- Non profit preserving farmland in Marin County,California. Check popular series of Hikes and Tours on private, otherwise unaccessible, farms.
Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District
- Over 42,000 acres of foothill and bay land preserves between the San Francisco Bay and the Santa Cruz Mountains. All are accessible 365 days a year free of charge.
Mojave Desert Land Trust
- Protects the Mojave Desert ecosystem and its scenic and cultural resources.
Northern California Regional Land Trust
- Includes project descriptions, FAQs, news, links, options for giving, and contact information.
Pacifica Land Trust
- Works to preserve, protect and enhance the natural, scenic, recreational, cultural, historic and open space environment of Pacifica and the surrounding community.
Palos Verdes Peninsula Land Conservancy
- Preserving natural open space on the Palos Verdes Peninsula.
Peninsula Open Space Trust
- Private, non-profit land conservancy dedicated to preserving the San Francisco Peninsula. Includes organization information, key properties, newsletter, and contact information.
Save Mount Diablo
- San Francisco Bay Area citizens non-profit organization. Mission is to secure through acquisition, protection and preservation, the open space necessary to support the full range of biological diversity and to insure the integrity of Mount Diablo's natural beauty.
- Group has practiced its approach to conserving California's redwood forest land since 1918. Buys land from willing sellers using private donations, and donate this land to one of the California Redwood State Parks, other public park or preserve.
- Established in 1900, the purpose of Sempervirens Fund is to preserve and protect the natural character of California's Santa Cruz Mountains and to encourage appropriate public enjoyment of this environment.
The Sonoma Land Trust
- Since 1976 the organization has permanently protected more than 11,000 acres through working directly with willing landowners who act voluntarily to keep their lands intact.
Truckee Donner Land Trust
- Projects, outings, staff and board, news, and membership details.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 2, 2016 at 7:35:03 UTC -