the entire directory
only in Land_Trusts/United_States
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Organizations: Land Trusts: United States
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
Science: Biology: Ecology: Wildlife Ecology and Management
Science: Environment: Sustainability
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species
Society: Issues: Environment: Sustainable Development
Center for Ecological Management of Military Lands (CEMML)
- Supports the national defense mission by providing professional services and technical support to the Department of Defense in conservation, environmental protection, and natural and cultural resources management.
Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands (CEMML)
- Colorado State University group conducting research and providing professional services and technical support to the Department of Defense in the sustainable management of natural and cultural resources on federal lands.
Columbia Land Trust
- Works with landowners to conserve sensitive and critical lands in the Columbia River region. Provides project tours, news, factsheets, and membership information.
Conservation Land Group
- Created with the pursuit of structuring and completing land conservation transactions between private landowners, non-profit organizations and public agencies.
- Working exclusively on land conservation projects; includes information about the company, projects, and contact information.
Equestrian Land Conservation Resource
- Non-profit organization founded to promote national awareness of the importance of land conservation for equestrian sports and activity. Guide, directors, council, calendar of events, library, equestrian partners, contact, and links.
The Forest Guild
- National association of professional foresters and associated resource professionals whose mission is to promote ecologically, economically, and socially responsible forestry as a means of sustaining the integrity of forest ecosystems and the human communities which depend on them.
Great Rivers Land Trust
- Seeks to promote, for the benefit of the general public, the preservation and improvement of natural resources principally in, but not limited to, the watershed of the Mississippi River.
Inland Northwest Land Trust
- Non-profit conservation organization dedicated to protecting habitat and green space by working with private landowners in eastern Washington and northern Idaho.
The Karst Conservancy
- Focused on preserving karst regions across the nation. Includes information about karst, photographs, and ways to help.
Land Trust Alliance
- Promotes voluntary land conservation and works with nonprofit land trusts by providing information, skills and resources land trusts need to conserve land for the benefit of communities and natural systems.
The Land Trust for the Little Tennessee River
- Works to conserve rural lands, forests, and waters of the mountainous upper Little Tennessee Valley in Georgia, North Carolina, and Tennessee. Map of area served.
National Association of Conservation Districts
- Provides news and information for and about the nation's 3000 local conservation districts.
Natural Land Institute
- Protecting and managing lands in Illinois and Wisconsin. Includes news, major acquisitions, volunteer opportunities, and membership information.
- Pat Burns of Texas presents a weblog concerned mostly with land trusts in the U.S.
Northern Prairies Land Trust
- Provide landowners with information to protect lands that are significant for agriculture, ranching, fish and wildlife habitat, water resource enhancement and open space.
Southern Plains Land Trust
- Dedicated to preserving and restoring the short grass prairie ecosystem including key species such as the black-tailed prairie dog, swift fox, and others.
State Trust Lands: Fiduciary Duty in the Changing West
- Joint project of the Sonoran Institute and the Lincoln Institute of Land Policy, with philosophical roots in the 1879 book "Progress and Poverty," by Henry George.
The Trust for Public Land
- A U.S. national, nonprofit organization that conserves land for people to enjoy as parks, gardens, natural areas and open space. Information on the organization and current projects.
Wilderness Land Trust
- Has acquired over 180 private inholdings in 35 National Wilderness Areas in Arizona, California, Colorado, Montana, New Mexico and Washington. Includes news and events, accomplishments, and ways to contribute and become involved.
Wildlife Land Trust
- Protects and preserves habitat for wildlife and provides sanctuary for wildlife by prohibiting commercial and recreational hunting and trapping. Affiliate of The Humane Society.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 13, 2013 at 21:51:06 UTC -