become an editor
the entire directory
only in Governmental/Multilateral
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Organizations: Governmental: Multilateral
Society: Government: Multilateral
Society: Issues: Economic: International: Investment
Commission for Environmental Cooperation (CCE - CCA - CEC)
- Canada, Mexico and the United States. Trinational organization created in connection with NAFTA to address regional environmental concerns, help prevent potential trade and environmental conflicts and to promote the effective enforcement of environmental law. Available in English, French, Spanish.
Global Environment Facility
- Independent international financial entity established to help defray the costs of making projects environmentally friendly and reduce global environmental threats in developing countries and countries transitioning to a market economy.
Global Environment Facility - UNDP
- United Nations Development Program component of a UNDP-UNEP -World Bank initiative with a project portfolio operating in 112 countries.
Global Resource Information Database (GRID)
- United Nation Environment Programme (UNEP) center for environmental information, assessment and early warning activities. Major responsibilities in geo-spatial data and information management, environmental assessment and reporting.
IUCN - International Union for Conservation of Nature
- The world's largest conservation organisation, with more than 1,000 government and NGO member organizations, and almost 11,000 volunteer scientists in more than 160 countries.
Organization of Americas Sustainable Development
- Formed in 1963, this group within OAS focuses on numerous areas to enable cooperation in the Americas on environmental issues.
Strategic Approach to International Chemicals Management
- SAICM is a policy framework to promote chemical safety around the world. Includes information on its activities, publications and calendar.
UN Environment Programme: Technology, industry and economics
- Information about Ozone protection, chemical management, trade and the environment, energy, cleaner and safer production, sustainable consumption, and tourism.
- Internationally recognised information centre providing decision-makers and the public with improved access to high quality environmental information. GIS resources, and state of the environment reports. Global scope, but with particular emphasis on northern and central Europe and the former Soviet Union (CIS).
UNEP Risoe Centre on Energy, Climate and Sustainable Development (URC)
- Research, studies and methodologies on policies and economics related to climate change, energy and economic development. Page includes newsletters.
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
- State of the global environment, international partnerships, global sustainability.
United Nations Institute For Training and Research
- UNITAR is an autonomous body within the United Nations with a mandate to enhance the effectiveness of the UN through training and research. To meet this aim, UNITAR provides training to assist member states, conducts research to explore innovative training and capacity building approaches
World Heritage (UNESCO)
- With over 500 cultural and natural sites already protected worldwide, the World Heritage Centre is working to make sure that future generations can inherit the treasures of the past.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, November 10, 2013 6:35:06 AM EST -