the entire directory
only in Environment/Organizations
Pollution Prevention and Recycling
Society: Issues: Environment: Organizations
This category in other languages:
Alaska Forum for Environmental Responsibility
- An organization dedicated to holding industry and government accountable to the laws designed to protect Alaska's environment.
American Society of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists
- Organization dedicated to the scientific study of fishes, amphibians and reptiles. Provides information on membership, the quarterly journal, meetings and conservation programs.
Association for the Environmental Health of Soils (AEHS)
- For professionals concerned with the challenge of soil protection and cleanup.
Australian Conservation Foundation
- Australia's leading environment group covers national environmental issues: forests, national parks, uranium mining, global warming, world heritage, rivers, recycling, pollution, wilderness and endangered species.
Australian Society for Limnology
- A scientific society whose focus is the study and management of inland waters.
Biotica Ecological Society
- Moldovan environmental association. Areas of activity include conservation of biodiversity; development of national environmental legislation and public participation in decision-making process; and creation of a legal basis for NGOs activity in Moldova.
The British Land Reclamation Society
- A multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary organisation concerned with the reclamation, rehabilitation and restoration of land, including contaminated, derelict and abandoned land from mineral workings and other urban and industrial uses.
Canadian Council on Ecological Areas
- The CCEA is committed to establishing a comprehensive network of protected areas linked together in a system that will protect Canada's terrestrial and aquatic diversity in perpetuity.
Canadian Society of Environmental Biologists
- Members are professionally-trained biologists and biology students whose primary focus is to further the conservation and prudent management of Canada's natural resources based on sound ecological principles.
Center For Alaskan Coastal Studies
- The (CACS) is a nonprofit environmental education organization in Homer, Alaska.
Center for Public Environmental Oversight
- Promotes and facilitates public participation in the oversight of environmental activities, including but not limited to the remediation of federal facilities, private "Superfund" sites, and Brownfields.
Center for Regional Environmental Studies (CRES)
- Conducts research around the world in regional environments and the impacts of global change. Coordinated by the University of Virginia. Page includes research publications.
Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
- The Institute currently has around 1000 members drawn from local authorities, government agencies, industry, environmental consultancy, teaching/research, and voluntary environmental organisations. Membership is encouraged both from individuals and organisations actively working in the field and from people with a general interest.
Citizens's Environment Coalition
- CEC is an information clearinghouse and communications network for environmental issues in the Houston/Galveston,Texas, area.
Clean Islands International, Inc.
- Providing educational and technical assistance to island communities (Caribbean region) for the preservation and beautification of indigenous natural environments and the sustainable development of proper solid waste handling practices.
- The group was founded by David Bellamy and David Shreeve to provide a means for people in public, private, and non-profit sectors to collaborate on environmental causes.
- Charitable organization that protects endangered rainforest and ecosystems and provides sustainable jobs for indigenous people. Includes details of how members of the public can participate.
- A coalition of clergy, theologians, religious leaders, scientists, academics, and policy experts committed to bringing a proper and balanced Biblical view of stewardship to the critical issues of environment and development
David Suzuki Foundation
- An environmental non-profit organization registered in Canada, working to design a vision of Earth in which humans live within the planet's productive capacity, and finding and communicating practical steps to bring that vision to reality.
Daya Pertiwi Foundation
- Indonesian organization that aims to provide services to small farmers to enhance self reliance, environmental preservation and sustainable development. Includes details of programs and projects.
Dolphin Care UK
- Organization aiming to help stop needless deaths of dolphins and other cetaceans. Includes information on membership and invites users to report their sightings.
Earth Island Institute
- Environmental Organization: Develops and supports projects that counteract environmental threats. Issues: sustainable development, biodiversity, restoration, global warming, social justice, oceans, forests.
The Ecology Action Centre
- An active advocate in protecting the environment since 1972.
Endangered Planet Foundation
- Endangered Planet Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring the survival of the Earth through education, dialog, the dissemination of knowledge and the recognition that advances in technology can provide many of the answers which will lead to a sustainable future.
EnviroLink Library: Environmental Organizations
- A database of thousands of environmental organizations, organized by topic.
Environmental Assessment Association (EAA)
- International organization dedicated to providing members with information and education on real estate environmental inspections, testing and hazardous material removal. Includes information on the organization, membership, events and programs.
Environmental Council of the States [ECOS]
- U.S. national non-profit, non-partisan association of state and territorial environmental commissioners. Site helps provide an exchange of ideas, views and experiences in environmental regulation and management, as well as state positions on national environmental issues.
Environmental Institute of Houston
- EIH was created to address real and potential issues of environmental concern, such as loss of biodiversity, health risks from pollution, failure of food supplies, and depletion of natural resources.
Environmental Support Center
- ESC improves the environment in the United States by assisting grassroots environmental nonprofits.
European Nature Heritage Fund - Euronatur
- Germany-based NGO working to promoting the dialogue between environment, economy and politics. Information about projects and concerns.
Food & Trees for Africa
- South African social enterprise addressing greening, climate change action, food security, sustainable water and soil use and management, with a strong focus on environmental and global warming education and awareness.
Friends of the Baltic
- Organization works in the field of ecological education and protection of nature in St. Petersburg and the small towns and villages on the shores of the Gulf of Finland.
Global NEST: Global Network for Environmental Science and Technology
- Network of scientists and engineers addressing environmental problems around the globe. Includes discussion forums and conference information.
Global Resource Action Center for the Environment (GRACE)
- Works to form new links with the research, policy and grassroots communities to preserve the future of the planet and protect the quality of the environment.
Great Lakes Environment - USEPA
- A key source of Great Lakes environmental information.
Great Lakes Protection Fund
- A private, nonprofit corporation formed in 1989 by the Governors of the Great Lakes States. It is a permanent environmental endowment that supports collaborative actions to improve the health of the Great Lakes ecosystem.
Green Corps - Field School for Environmental Organizing
- Green Corps' one-year, full time, paid program gives you the best training available to launch an environmental/social organizing and advocacy career.
the Harmony Institute
- Plans to showcase model programs of animal and horticulture therapies, have the Albert Schweitzer Campus for the education of interactions between humans, animals and the natural environment and advice on the development of a sustainable community including special amenities and services for companion animals to be named Harmony, FL.
- Source of information on natural resources in international cooperation, focusing on agriculture, forestry and the environment.
Information Center for the Environment (ICE), University of California, Davis (UCD)
- Information Center for the Environment is a cooperative effort of environmental scientists at the University of California, Davis and collaborators at over thirty private, state, federal, and international organizations interested in environmental protection.
International Arid Lands Consortium
- Group's vision is to transform arid lands into more habitable environments to advance the well-being of the people who inhabit the areas.
The International Bryozoology Association (IBA)
- This organization aims to encourage research and promote an exchange of ideas on the Bryozoa. Since its foundation is has grown into an association numbering some 200 members world-wide, and covering both the fields of palaeontology and zoology.
International Environmental Modelling and Software Society
- For private persons and organizations dealing with environmental modelling, software and related topics. Organization information, upcoming conferences, and links to related sites.
The International Environmetrics Society (TIES)
- Nonprofit scholarly organization that promotes the participation of statisticians, mathematicians, scientists and engineers in the solution of environmental problems.
International Network for Environmental Compliance and Enforcement
- INECE is an international partnership promoting compliance and enforcement of domestic and international environmental laws through networking, capacity building, and enforcement cooperation.
International Permafrost Association
- Organization aiming to disseminate knowledge about permafrost and promote cooperation among those engaged in scientific investigation and engineering work on permafrost.
International Society of Biometeorology
- The motivation of the foundation of ISB was to bring together scientists working in the field of Biometeorology, who are interested in environmental and ecological problems.
ITDP-The Institute for Transportation and Development Policy
- (ITDP)promotes environmentally sustainable transportation policies and projects worldwide, acting to counter automobile dependence in developing countries and Central and Eastern Europe.
L i g h t H a w k
- A non-profit, environmental organization which uses the power of flight to conserve and protect the earth's diverse ecosystems, plant and animal life, and natural resources.
- The Louisiana Environmental Action Network is dedicated to making Louisiana safe for future generations. The site serves as an information center for people who have concerns about the environment.
- An international organisation which encourages people to learn and work together to resolve the environmental issues which concern them. Their programmes address a wide range of issues.
The Lloyd Center for Environmental Studies
- A non-profit organization that provides education programs and conducts research to develop a scientific and public understanding of the coastal, estaurine, and watershed environments in southeastern New England.
Mamanuca Environment Society
- Organization in Fiji aiming to sustain community livelihoods and tourism through the protection of marine and terrestrial ecosystems. Includes details of the community, events, programs and projects.
National Council for Science and the Environment
- Broad-based US consortium working to improve the scientific basis for environmental decisionmaking. Includes organization information, news, issues papers, and directories of university environmental programs and other resources.
National Parks and Conservation Association
- Site provides information on US national parks and campaigns to protect these natural, historic and cultural treasures.
New National Parks Project
- Aims to expand America’s national park system through the creation of new parks and additions to existing ones. Includes information on the present parks, potential areas and campaigns.
- Organization that aims to provide leadership in all aspects of environmental protection and sustainability. Includes details of the mission, newsletters, resources and the environmental forum.
Parks and Wildlife Foundation
- Designed to accept contributions, real or personal property, grants or bequests. These gifts will be used to benefit park development and wildlife preservation and enhancement.
Physicians and Scientists for Responsible Application of Science and Technology
- PSRAST's purpose is to provide comprehensive, interdisciplinary and impartial assessments of new applications, as industrial and political influences tend to invalidate the established evaluation procedures.
PICES - North Pacific Marine Science Organization
- Organized to promote and coordinate marine research in the northern North Pacific and adjacent seas.
- An association of people promoting the use of information technology to assist towards the goal of ecological sustainability and social justice. Lists objectives and events.
Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew: Conservation
- RBG Kew is widely recognised as one of the leading centres for advice and action on aspects of plant and fungal conservation. Conservation programmes are undertaken on a wide range of endangered and threatened plants and their habitats.
Saskatchewan Eco Network
- Deals with Ecological and Environmental issues in Saskatchewan, Canada, and the rest of the world.
Save Our Canyons
- Dedicated to Protecting the Beauty and Wildness of the Wasatch Canyons, Mountains and Foothills in Utah
- Aims to save ecosystems via purchase and preservation of threatened habitats around the world. Members of the public are invited to adopt an acre or adopt a coral reef.
- News, events, opinions, membership information and resources.
Scientific Committee on Problems of the Environment
- SCOPE is an interdisciplinary organization providing scientific reviews of key environmental issues. Includes details of projects, programs and partnerships.
- Local conservancy group in Sefton, England. Information on ecology, biology, coastal management, sand dunes, and other aspects of conservation of the English coast.
Sitka Conservation Society
- Working to protect the natural environment of the Tongass Forest and surrounding waters of Southeast Alaska.
- Teaches practical lessons about basic human needs - food, clothing and community - in order to promote awareness of agriculture, its processes and products, more sustainable use of natural resources, a personal sense of connection with the natural world, and with the environment.
Society for Preservation of Natural History Collections
- SPNHC is a multidisciplinary organization for those interested in the preservation, conservation and management of natural history collections.
Tongass Conservation Society
- TCS is the conservation conscience of Ketchikan, Alaska, and is dedicated to preserving the biodiversity of the many island forests of the Tongass through protection of habitat from the pressures of industrial exploitation.
University Leaders for a Sustainable Future
- ULSF promotes academic leadership for the advancement of global environmental literacy.
Water Center for the Humid Tropics of Latin America and the Caribbean
- CATHALAC is an international organization that aims to promote sustainable development, education and technology transfer on water resources and the environment. Spanish and English.
Zoological Society of Montreal
- A non-profit organization which promotes and develops an interest in and knowledge and protection of wildlife, particularly in Canada.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 5, 2015 at 11:24:03 UTC -