become an editor
the entire directory
only in Mining/Organizations
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Mining: Organizations
Science: Environment: Organizations
Society: Issues: Environment: Organizations
Association for Mineral Exploration British Columbia
- Supports and promotes the mineral exploration community, promoting an environmentally responsible mining industry. History and technology of mining and prospecting in Canada, related internet links.
Citizens Coal Council
- Supporting coalfield citizens in the United States. Organization information and fact sheets on mountaintop removal mining, pre-blast surveys, and other topics.
The Committee of Struggle against Gold Mining in Chalkidiki, Greece
- Activist site discusses concerns about TVX Gold's cyanide-leaching projects in Greece.
Environmental Monitoring Advisory Board
- An independent watchdog agency working towards an integrated and community based approach to environmental monitoring and management of the Diavik Diamond Mine.
International Mine Water Association
- Professional organization with a focus on mine drainage. Includes details of symposia, journal contents, and links.
Mineral Policy Institute
- Information on inappropriate mining and its consequences. Includes a mining watch campaign, reports and Mining Monitor magazine, all with worldwide scope.
Minesite Drainage Assessment Group
- Technical information on mines, mining, and environmental geochemistry -- mining and the environment on land and underwater.
Mining Watch Canada
- Technical and advocacy information about threats to public health, water and air quality, fish and wildlife habitat and community interests posed by irresponsible mineral policies and practices in Canada and around the world.
Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement
- U.S. department. Implements SMCRA (Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act). Addresses coal mining (open pit and strip mines).
Shamokin Creek Restoration Alliance (SCRA)
- SCRA sponsors creek cleanups and educational activities to remedy pollution within the Shamokin Creek Watershed from acid mine drainage and other sources.
USGS Mine Drainage Interest Group
- Research on mining and the environment, including abandoned mine lands. Emphasis on hard rock (metals) mining.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 13, 2007 at 21:13:12 UTC -