become an editor
the entire directory
only in Environment/Mining
Acid Mine Drainage
Products and Services
Business: Mining and Drilling
Science: Agriculture: Soils: Erosion
Science: Environment: Biodiversity
Science: Technology: Mining
Society: Issues: Environment: Nuclear: Uranium Mining and Milling
Cooperative Research Centre: Coal in Sustainable Development
- Archived information on Australian research supporting cleaner coal use, focusing on economic, social and environmental sustainability.
Sudbury Soils Study
- Study to evaluate the levels of metals and chemicals such as nickel, copper, cobalt and arsenic in the local environment. Includes FAQ, news and events. Ontario, Canada.[English/French]
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency: Mining Wastes
- Outlines legislative and regulatory history, and current status of the mining waste exemption. Includes supporting technical documents.
The Economist: Goldbugs - Bacteria and Ore Formation
- Article discusses why gold mines may owe their origins to microbes. [PDF] (July 21, 2001)
USGS Plasenzuela Project
- Background and preliminary findings of a US-Spain study of the environmental impact of the Roman mineral industry at Plasenzuela, Extremadura, Spain. (September 01, 1997)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 24, 2013 at 8:35:12 UTC -