become an editor
the entire directory
only in Environment/Hazardous_Materials
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Hazardous Materials
Products and Services
Business: Environment: Waste Management
Science: Environment: Pollution Prevention and Recycling
Science: Environment: Sustainability: Community Sustainability: Brownfields Utilization
Science: Environment: Water Resources: Groundwater
Science: Technology: Sanitary Engineering
Society: Issues: Environment: Waste and Recycling
This category in other languages:
Air and Waste Management Association (AWMA )
- Environmental information including air pollution, hazardous waste, management, regulations, measuring, modeling, emissions, testing, monitoring, modeling, particulate matter, ozone, and brownfields
Asbestos Information Centre
- Independent organization in the UK providing information on how to manage asbestos-containing building materials. Includes details of past uses of asbestos and a list of trade names of materials that contained asbestos.
Cleanup Levels for Hazardous Waste Sites
- Contains list of government regulation websites that give toxicity values, physical constants and state cleanup levels. Also, has descriptions of pages, message board and glossary of related acronyms used.
Coastal Hazardous Waste Site Reviews
- US NOAA review documents describing their evaluations of more than 300 hazardous waste sites that EPA has proposed for addition to the National Priorities List.
- Contaminated land portal for anyone seeking information about the assessment, management and remediation of contaminated land in the UK.
DOE Office of Environmental Management (EM)
- U.S. Department of Energy waste management (hazardous waste, radioactive waste) and environmental remediation (waste site clean-up) programs.
Dangerous Goods Logistics Network
- A global alliance of independent logistics companies specializing in the transportation of dangerous goods and hazardous materials worldwide.
EPA SW-846: Test Methods for Evaluating Solid Waste, Physical/Chemical Methods
- EPA publication SW-846 is the Office of Solid Waste's official compendium of analytical and sampling methods for use in complying with the RCRA regulations.
EPA's Office of Solid Waste
- Information on municipal solid waste, hazardous waste, and industrial waste.
ETEC: Energy Technology Engineering Center Closure Program
- Provides information on environmental remediation at ETEC.
Hazardous Material / Waste
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences conducts research and provide training on hazardous materials with properties that make them potentially harmful to human health. Provides educational information and research articles, news about the agency.
- Resource by US Environmental Protection Agency providing educational materials about hazarhous and non-hazardous waste, conservation, laws and regulations.
Hazardous, Toxic and Radioactive Waste Center of Expertise (US Army Corps of Engineers)
- cleans up sites contaminated with hazardous waste, radioactive waste, or ordnance.
Healthy Communities Environmental Mapping
- Location, type, and performance of HUD-funded activities and select EPA information on brownfields, hazardous wastes, air pollution and waste water discharges.
Household Hazardous Waste - University of Missouri Outreach & Extension
- Almost every home contains hazardous products, or products that can harm human health or the environment if improperly handled. Site tells what consumers should know about how to properly use, store, and dispose of hazardous household products.
Massachusetts Military Reservation Installation Restoration Program
- environmental cleanup program on Cape Cod, involving the MMR itself, the Air Force, other federal and state agencies, and the general public.
Office of Environmental Management
- Part of the U.S. Department of Energy. Office of Environmental Management provides guidance on the procedures and practices of decommissioning at contaminated facilities. [pdf]
Oregon DEQ Hazardous Waste Program
- Proper hazardous waste management is an integral part of protecting Oregon's land, air, and water systems. Site has information on regulations and regulatory compliances, as well as information and links on pollution prevention and other waste management topics.
Superfund Home Page
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) site about the CERCLA statute and Superfund programs.
The Hazmat 101 Discussion and Information
- A Yahoo email newsgroup dedicated to discuss packaging, labeling and transportation issues of potentially dangerous substances. Includes sign up instructions, list of stewards, archives and related resource links.
The Hazmat 101 List
- Email discussion list dedicated to hazardous materials and transportation safety issues.
Usenet sci.environment.waste -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, February 26, 2010 8:43:07 PM EST -