become an editor
the entire directory
only in Environmental_Health/Organizations
Health: Public Health and Safety: Organizations
Science: Environment: Organizations
This category in other languages:
Alliance for Healthy Homes
- A non-profit public interest organization dedicated to protecting children from lead poisoning and other in-home hazards. Extensive information on lead safety, related hazards, and policies and other initiatives to address them.
Association of Occupational and Environmental Clinics
- Committed to improving the practice of occupational and environmental health through information sharing and collaborative research.
British Society for Allergy Environmental Nutritional Medicine
- A medical research group promoting the study of allergy, environmental, and nutritional medicine. Provides publications, conferences, practitioners and training information.
California Environmental Health Investigations Branch
- Investigates human exposures to and effects of harmful environmental factors. Fact sheets on several topics and reports on current and past projects and activities.
Center for Ecogenetics and Environmental Health
- Specializes in research in gastrointestinal, renal, carcinogenesis, birth defects, neurological diseases, adverse drug reactions, carciovascular and bioinformatics. Includes mission statement, laboratory facilities, and publications [pdf].
Center for Infectious Disease Research And Policy (CIDRAP)
- Provides advice, information, and analysis on the prevention, control, and treatment of infectious diseases and in public health preparedness in such areas as bioterrorism and food safety.
- Physicians for Social Responsibility education and action center providing information for health professionals and others interested in environmental health.
Environmental Health Foundation of Canada
- The education and research arm of the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors. Provides information on mission, goals, history, projects and products.
Environmental Health Policy Committee
- Established to coordinate policy development for environmental health activities related to the mission of the U.S. Public Health Service (PHS) and its agencies.
Greater Boston Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Information to educate on the linkages between environmental exposures and health. Projects on threats to child development, reproductive health, toxic products and air pollution.
Health Care Without Harm
- Collaborative campaign for environmentally responsible health care made up of more than 250 organizations. Work to transform the health care industry so it is no longer a source of environmental harm by eliminating pollution in health care. Also information on endocrine disruptors.
Healthy Building Network
- Advocating environmental health and justice in homes and workplaces.
- A non profit Michigan organization dedicated to raising awareness of toxins in the environment and their links to negative health consequences, such as cancer. Provides information on programs and activities.
Northwest Georgia Public Health
- Aims to protect and improve the health of the residents of the 10-county Northwest Georgia Public Health district. Provides news and information on programs, events and resources.
Nova Scotia Allergy and Environmental Illness Association
- NSAEHA provides information and programs to increase awareness of environmental health issues in the Nova Scotia, Canada area. Site has articles, tips and resources.
Public Health Agency of Canada: Environment and Health
- Provides information on environmental health. Includes resources for professionals, educators and the public and frequently asked questions on pesticides.
Technology and Health Foundation
- Canadian charity devoted to educational purposes in the field of environmental health. Provides information about projects and contacts.
Washington State Department of Health Environmental Health Programs
- Work with local governments and other agencies in the areas of safe drinking water, food and shell fish safety, radiation safety, wastewater management, pesticide exposures, vector borne diseases and general sanitation.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 10, 2013 at 6:35:07 UTC -