the entire directory
only in Environment/Environmental_Health
Products and Services
Health Physics and Radiological Health
Indoor Air Quality
Multiple Chemical Sensitivity
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Allergies
Health: Medicine: Medical Specialties: Pulmonary Medicine
Health: Occupational Health and Safety
Health: Public Health and Safety
Regional: North America: United States: Government: Agencies: Independent: Environmental Protection Agency
Science: Agriculture: Pests and Diseases
Science: Biology: Ecology: Ecotoxicology
Science: Biology: Microbiology: Environmental Microbiology
Science: Environment: Hazardous Materials
Science: Technology: Acoustics, Ultrasound and Vibration
Science: Technology: Safety Engineering
Society: Issues: Environment: Food and Drink
Society: Issues: Environment: Health
This category in other languages:
Center for Bioenvironmental Research at Tulane/Xavier Universities.
- Provides information about the CBR and its mission to conduct and coordinate research and teaching to enhance global understanding of environmental issues and provide solutions through innovative communication and technology.
Environmental Change and Human Health in Countries of Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific
- Report by Stockholm Environmental Institute concludes that "old" problems of inadequate water, poor sanitation, smoky dwellings, and a lack of food, together with changes in the world economy pose a more obvious threat in these countries than does global climate change. [PDF]
European Environment Agency
- Collection of indicators, reports, links, data sets and targets on European human health topics related to the environment.
Health and Environment Research
- World Research Institute research into the interaction between human disease, pollution, and large-scale environmental, development, and demographic changes.
National Center for Environmental Assessment (U.S. EPA)
- National resource center for the overall process of human health and ecological risk assessments; the integration of hazard, dose-response, and exposure data and models to produce risk characterizations.
National Report on Human Exposure to Environmental Chemicals
- CDC National Center for Environmental Health report of ongoing assessment of the U.S. population's exposure to environmental chemicals using biomonitoring.
Trade Secrets - A Moyers Report
- PBS investigative report by Bill Moyers about how human health and safety have been put at risk by the chemical industry. Includes documents obtained during a lawsuit against chemical companies. Advocates citizen action.
Wisconsin Department of Health and Family Services: Environmental Health Resources
- Collection of fact sheets, other information materials, and links on diverse topics, including toxic chemicals, radiation, eating safe fish, indoor air, EMF, drinking water, lead poisoning, and treated wood products.
Global Warming Could Worsen Allergies, Study Finds
- NY Times article about study on potential for global climate change to increase the prevalence of ragweed. [Subscription required - free.] (August 17, 2000)
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 24, 2014 at 2:21:29 UTC -