become an editor
the entire directory
only in Oil_Spills/Exxon_Valdez
Petroleum in the Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Alaska: Science and Environment
Society: Issues: Business: Allegedly Unethical Firms: ExxonMobil
Alaska Writer Marybeth Holleman
- Author of "The Heart of the Sound: An Alaskan Paradise Found and Nearly Lost", a book about the spill's lingering effects after 15 years. Author's biography, reviews, and press room.
Exxon Valdez Oil Spill
- From the National Marine Fisheries Service Alaska Regional Office.
Oil Spill Recovery Institute (OSRI)
- The Oil Pollution Act of 1990 created the facility to study and create techniques to effectively deal with oil spills in the Arctic and sub-Arctic oceans and waterways, as well as supporting the US government in damage assessments. Located in Cordova, Alaska in the Prince William Sound area.
Remember the Exxon Valdez
- An essay by Ken Wear, posted January 2000.
Yahoo News: 25 years later, Exxon Valdez spill effects linger
- While most species have recovered, crabs have not returned and herring are not recovering which, in turn, may have helped increase the decline in pigeon guillemots. (March 20, 2014)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 30, 2014 at 10:49:24 UTC -