become an editor
the entire directory
only in Deepwater_Horizon/News_and_Media
Petroleum in the Environment
News and Media
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Energy: Petroleum in the Environment: Oil Spills: Deepwater Horizon: News and Media
Science: Environment: News and Media
AL.com - Oil Spill Gulf of Mexico
- Full coverage focusing on the impact on Alabama. Includes news, photos, videos and reader reports. Mobile, Alabama.
BBC News - Oil Spill in Gulf of Mexico in Maps and Graphics
- Maps and satellite images of showing the extent of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill and explaining what is being done to tackle it. Includes links to key stories, features and background, video, and related internet links. UK.
C-SPAN Video Library Blog - Oil Spill Programming
- Provides videos of White House events, news conferences, and congressional hearings relating to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. USA.
CNN - Gulf Coast Oil Spill
- Full coverage provides news, analysis and opinion including environmental, financial and political impacts. With video, audio, photo galleries, and interactive guides.
CNN iReport - Track the Oil Disaster
- Crowdsourcing project providing news and video submitted by citizen journalists and vetted by CNN staff.
Energy Industry Today - Deepwater Horizon News
- Headline links for energy industry professionals from EIN News Service. Constantly updated news and information about energy.
Guardian.co.uk - Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill
- Collected news and analysis and commentary on the BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, with photo galleries, videos, graphics and blogs. UK.
McClatchy - Gulf Oil Spill
- Complete coverage with news, analysis and commentary along with photo galleries, videos and a graphic guide on drilling facts, ecological and environment impacts, and containing, capping and cleaning up the spill. USA.
Miami Herald - Gulf Oil Spill
- Full coverage focusing on the impact on Florida. Provides news, photos, video and interactive graphics. Miami, Florida.
MSNBC - Disaster in the Gulf
- Full coverage includes news, NBC Field Notes and timeline relating to the accident, its impact, and the cleanup efforts. USA.
National Weather Service - Deepwater Horizon Decision Support Page
- Provides spot forecasts, graphics, radar sites, shoreline forecasts (meteograms), offshore forecasts from TAFB/NHC, tropical weather, and wind and wave forecast graphics.
New Scientist - Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill
- Special report about the oil spill, focusing on the scientific and environmental perspectives. UK.
The New York Times - Topics: Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill (2010)
- Collection of recent and archived news and commentary, photos, multimedia and selected web resources.
NOLA.com - 2010 Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill
- Ongoing coverage focusing on the inpact on Louisiana. Provides news, backgrounders, graphics, photos, videos, public blog and how to help. New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Provides comprehensive offshore oil coverage and resources for the oil and gas industry.
Reuters - Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill
- Full coverage includes news, timeline, factboxes, infographics and videos.
Sun Herald - Oil Spill
- Full coverage including news, analysis, photo galleries and an interactive map of the effects on South Mississippi, along with external links for information and volunteers. Biloxi-Gulfport, Mississippi.
Wall Street Journal - Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill
- Full coverage including news, analysis, opinion, photos and videos. USA.
Yahoo! News - Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill
- Aggregated news, features and comment with video clips, photos, and links to blogs and related web sites.
Scientific American - Where Will the Deepwater Horizon Oil End Up?
- The short answer is everywhere--the sea surface, deep waters, the Gulf Coast, in deepwater corals and even as far as the Arctic. (May 19, 2010)
CBS News 60 Minutes - Blowout: The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- Report by Scott Pelley focusing on Mike Williams, one of the last crewmembers to escape the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig. Includes full program video and Extras. (May 16, 2010)
PBS NewsHour - Deepwater Horizon Worker Details Survival, Pending Legal Battle
- Video and transcript of an exclusive interview with oil rig worker Christopher Choy telling his harrowing story of survival aboard the Deepwater Horizon rig that exploded and sank in the Gulf of Mexico, as well as the legal tangles he has run into since the blast. (May 10, 2010)
News and Media
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 21, 2014 at 8:35:04 UTC -