become an editor
the entire directory
only in Oil_Spills/Deepwater_Horizon
Petroleum in the Environment
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Energy: Petroleum in the Environment: Oil Spills: Deepwater Horizon
Guides and Directories
News and Media
Video and Images
Deepwater Horizon Response
- Official site of the Deepwater Horizon Unified Command links the organizations with each other and the public. Provides hotlines, FAQs, area plans and news along with information on health, safety, claims and volunteer opportunities.
BP - Gulf of Mexico Response
- Information on the company's response with pictures, videos (including live ROV link), maps and reports. Includes information on filing claims.
Coastal Response Research Center at the University of New Hampshire
- News and information on the Deepwater Horizon oil spill containment and cleanup efforts, including the use of dispersants. Includes Factsheet.
Cornell Lab of Ornithology - 23 Birds of North America accounts are open access
- Comprehensive scientific information from Birds of North America Online about 23 species at risk from the BP oil spill. Open access provides this information for the thousands of non-agency rehabilitators, surveyors and others.
EPA - EPA Response to BP Spill in the Gulf of Mexico
- Official government site provides news, information and photos on the environmental impact and response. Includes Q&A, ASPECT data, monitoring results, how to submit a technology solution, and What You Can Do section.
Facebook - Deepwater Horizon Response
- Official page from the Deepwater Horizon Unified Command providing information regarding the Gulf Coast oil spill.
Florida DEP - Deep Water Horizon Oil Spill
- Official Florida government site for updates and information on response actions and impacts. From the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP).
Florida Division of Emergency Management - Deepwater Horizon Response 2010
- Official government site provides update reports, situation reports, executive orders, hotlines, and oil spill information links.
Florida Miami-Dade County Emergency Management - Deepwater Horizon Response
- Provides updates, information on seafood quality concerns, volunteer opportunities, and online resources.
Google Crisis Response - Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill
- Provides Google Earth files, news, resources, how to help, and how to upload video stories.
Gulf of Mexico Alliance Environmental Education Network (GOMAEEN)
- Coordinates educational and outreach activities that address Gulf of Mexico Alliance priority issues and establishes effective methods to disseminate associated materials and programs throughout the Gulf of Mexico coastal communities. Hosted by Mississippi State University, includes Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida.
Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries - Oil Spill Response
- Provides news and information on fishing closures and oyster closures with maps, along with guidelines, photos, videos, contact information, vessel of opportunities program, and how to donate.
- Official Louisiana government site for information about its response to the oil spill, general information for the public, and updates for the media.
Louisiana Governor's Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Preparedness - Oil Spill
- Provides the projected and archived trajectories of the oil spill (using Google's Louisiana Earth) along with hotline numbers.
Mississippi DEQ - Transocean Drilling Incident Response 2010
- Official government site provides state government and external links relating to the oil spill. From the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality.
NOAA - Deepwater Horizon Incident, Gulf of Mexico
- Provides news, visuals, factsheets and publications, plus information on NOAA roles and people. From the National Ocean Service Office of Response and Restoration.
Oil Spill Academic Task Force (OSATF)
- Consortium of scientists and scholars from Florida's state and private universities, working in collaboration with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) to assist the state of Florida and the Gulf region in preparing for and responding to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Includes issues, activities, multimedia images and how to help.
RUCOOL - Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Portal
- Consortium of several federal agencies, companies, universities and non-profits provides real-time IOOS glider fleet positions, visualizations (datasets, gliders, satellites, hf-radars, models, drifters), Google Earth KMZs (gliders, satellites, hf-radar, models), and 24-hour oil slick forecast. Hosted at Rutgers University Coastal Ocean Observation Lab.
Sea Grant Florida - FAQ About Seafood from the Gulf and the Oil Spill
- Information on oil contamination and the safety of seafood. Partnership between the Florida Board of Education, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association, and Florida's citizens, industries, and governments.
Texas General Land Office - Oil Spill Prevention and Response Program
- Official state government site providing information and resources regarding the response efforts.
Twitter - Oil Spill 2010
- Official tweets from the Deepwater Horizon Incident Joint Information Center (JIC) on Unified Command response efforts to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
U.S. Department of the Interior - Deepwater Horizon Response
- Provides news and information about the department's roles and responses along with reports, data, and how to take action to support the efforts.
USFWS - FWS Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Response
- Provides news and information on the impacts to refuges and wildlilfe, and the department's actions. Includes hotlines, resources, and what you can do to help. From the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
USGS - Response to Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill
- Provides news and information about their response to the oil spill including coastal impacts, wildlife issues and sampling efforts. With satellite images, geospatial data, multimedia gallery, publications and Congressional testimony. From the U.S. Geological Survey.
The White House - Deepwater BP Oil Spill
- Official government site provides information on damages and claims, hotlines, opportunities to help, and the roles of government departments and agencies. Includes related blog posts and videos.
Wikipedia - Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill
- Hyperlinked encyclopedia article about the 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
University of Texas at Austin - Perspective on the Deepwater Horizon spill
- Discussion about the explosion and oil spill with Paul Bommer, David Adelman, Dr. Tadeusz W. Patzek, Dr. Charles G. Groat and Dr. Sheridan Titman, all from the University of Texas. (May 18, 2010)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 21, 2014 at 8:05:05 UTC -