become an editor
the entire directory
only in Petroleum_in_the_Environment/Oil_Spills
Petroleum in the Environment
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Energy: Petroleum in the Environment: Oil Spills
Spill-Related Products and Services
Science: Environment: Water Resources
Society: History: By Topic: Disasters
National Pollution Funds Center
- NPFC is the fiduciary agent for the U.S. Oil Spill Liability Trust Fund and the portion of Superfund accessible to the U.S. Coast Guard. Site has information on vessel certification, spill financial management, claims adjudication, and natural resources damage assessment.
National Response Center
- U.S. interagency center is the sole federal point of contact for reporting oil and chemical spills in the U.S. and its territorial waters.
The New York Times - Topics: Oil Spills
- Collection of recent and archived news and commentary, photos, multimedia and selected web resources.
Oil Spill Control Technologies
- University faculty member provides extensive information on spill response protocols and control tools, past spills, the U.S. Oil Pollution Control Act, spill costs, and university courses offered. Includes online simulations of hypothetical marine spills.
- Annual international oil spill conference.
Spilled Oil in the Sea
- Short discussion of oil behavior and fate during an oil spill, with links to additional information.
A Study of Environmental and Health Consequences of Oil Spills in Nigeria's Niger Delta
- Investigation by three Nigerian environmental scientists on the impact of continuous oil spills in the Niger Delta, covering human health, air quality, fish health, and agriculture.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, August 3, 2013 12:15:10 PM EDT -