become an editor
the entire directory
only in Petroleum_in_the_Environment/Fuel_Oxygenates
Petroleum in the Environment
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Energy: Petroleum in the Environment: Fuel Oxygenates
Science: Environment: Environmental Health
Science: Environment: Water Resources
Assessing the transport and fate of MTBE
- An article on the oxygenates MTBE and TAME and how they have led to contamination of major aquifers, including the Chalk aquifer of southern England.
Bibliography on MTBE and Water Quality
- Searchable database of technical reference citations, by US Geological Survey.
European Fuel Oxygenates Association
- Extensive information on the benefits of oxygenates in gasoline, the role that MTBE plays in improving air quality, and health and environmental issues related to its use. Source is trade organization of MTBE producers.
Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether
- Fact sheet on the fate and transport of MTBE (from underground gasoline storage tanks) in groundwater.
MTBE (methyl tertiary butyl ether) Information
- U.S. EPA site about MTBE and releases from underground storage tank systems.
- American Petroleum Institute compilation of online technical information on fuel oxygenates (primarily MTBE) in soil, groundwater and surface water. Includes both API-generated material and information from other sources.
MTBE Treatment Profiles
- U.S. EPA compilation of studies and experiences with in situ and ex situ treatment of groundwater and drinking water contaminated with MTBE.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 19, 2012 at 11:54:03 UTC -