become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Outdoor_Programs
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Education: Outdoor Programs
Kids and Teens: Sports and Hobbies: Summer Camps
Recreation: Outdoors: Schools and Education
Science: Biology: Ecology: Education
Science: Earth Sciences: Academic Departments: Field Camps
Science: Environment: Education: Curriculum
Science: Environment: Education: In-School Programs
Baltimore Woods Center for Nature Education
- Marcellus, New York. 170-acre environmental education center and nature preserve. Includes nine hiking trails, gardens, monthly programs, and student summer camps.
Belize Foundation for Research and Environmental Education
- A private research and educational facility located on a 1153 acre reserve in southern Belize, Central America. Resources include rainforest and tropical watershed educational programs, internship opportunities, and field research support.
Camp Bayou Outdoor Learning Center
- A public/private partnership created to encourage stewardship and education of Florida, USA resources.
- Programs for youth and adults featuring nature tourism, eco kayak tours, guided wilderness hikes, and arts workshops for kids.
Canyonlands Field Institute
- Environmental organization offers school and youth programs, writing and teacher workshops, river and hiking trips, internships, and graduate residencies in environmental education. (Moab, Utah)
Catalina Environmental Leadership Program
- Outdoor environmental education school program operated by Catalina Island Camps and Jean Michel Cousteau's Ocean Future Society.
CELT - Centre for Environmental Living and Training
- Education, training and awareness in nature conservation skills and traditional skills / ecological trades. Regular events (e.g. 'Weekend in the Woods') in County Clare, Ireland, with expert tuition at introductory and intermediate levels.
Coyote Trails School of Nature
- Experiential wilderness skills school located in Oregon, USA. It exposes youth, teens, families and adults to the benefits of wilderness through tracking, awareness, nature study, primitive skills, story telling, music and art.
Darebin Creek Parklands Education
- Park environmental education program on the Darebin parklands, Australia. Covers theoretical and practical aspects of the Darebin Parklands and environment in general.
Dauphin Island Sea Lab
- K-12 marine science lab experience and field excursions, including 4 week camps for high school, 1 week of activities for middle school students, day workshops for children age 5-8 and several teacher workshops.
Dauset Trails Nature Center
- Dauset Trails is a non-profit nature center in central Georgia, USA, with native mammals, birds of prey, and reptiles. The 18 miles of bike trails also provide hiking and birding opportunities.
Dodge Nature Center
- Dodge Nature Center, a 320 acre nature center in West St. Paul, MN. Features a preschool, model farm, prairies, wetlands, and wooded areas for the education and enjoyment of children and adults.
Eden Project, The
- A project based in Cornwall, England where two giant conservatories are being constructed to grow plants from different biomes in a sixty meter crater.
Edge of Kauai Investigations
- Five-day environmental seminars in Hawaii for naturalists and science teachers. Includes lectures, interactive field trips and lesson-plan workshops. Graduate credit available.
Edmonds Discovery Programs
- Serving environmental education needs for Puget Sound schools and public (USA). Ranger-Naturalists classroom programs, beach walks, Discover the Forest, and Sound Salmon programs.
Endless Mountains Nature Center
- Offers nature-related programs for all ages. Over 11 miles of wooded trails are maintained on the 400-acre preserve of Camp Lackawanna, for recreation and education.
Experiential Education Canada
- Experiential Education Canada offers unique experiences in nature to inspire youth from across Ontario at their internationally recognized nature retreat.
Farm and Wilderness
- A summer of rugged excitement, fun, cooperation, and skill building, all done with individualized attention. A Quaker-based organization that focuses on adventure in a community of simplicity, honesty, and respect.
Fox Chase Farm
- A working educational farm in Philadelphia, PA
Friends of Camp Colton
- A non-profit organization established to support the Camp Colton - Project LIFE environmental education program for sixth grade students, Flagstaff, AZ.
- Residential School Journey and Environmental Study Centre, Sussex, UK. See a plan of the grounds, pictures of school children at work and play and all the information you need to book a stay at Gaveston Hall
- Serves children and adults with and without handicapping conditions from New York and Connecticut. Provides an array of educational, recreational, vocational and mental health services. Also provides graduate and undergraduate courses in animal assisted therapy, large animal veterinary care, and special education.
Green Hearts: Institute for Nature in Childhood
- Conservation organization in Omaha, Nebraska, USA, dedicated to restoring the bonds between children and nature.
Hallsannery Field Centre
- Hallsannery offers environmental education day courses in North Devon, UK, specialising in A-level Biology and Geography.
- A 1600-acre farm and wilderness preserve in Los Altos Hills, California, provides a unique combination of programs teaching environmental and multicultural awareness.
Hudson River Sloop Clearwater
- Founded in 1969, this non-profit environmental organization has been working to protect and preserve the Hudson River and its tributaries through advocacy and providing unique outdoor education programs.
Illinois Raptor Center
- 15 acre wildlife and habitat education facility provides live raptor presentations to schools and other organizations.
Institute for Environmental Learning
- Dedicated to educating the public about the issues that threaten the welfare of our planet and its species.
- Serving the greater Seattle area, the PSELC teaches environmental and community stewardship by linking ecology, technology and the arts. Located on a magical 255-acre site on Bainbridge Island.
Karma: The Floating Classroom
- The Floating Classroom Program is a hands-on marine science education program for students in fourth through twelfth grades, USA.
The Learning Tree Farm
- Hands-on learning experience for children and adults in a traditional farm setting, Ohio, USA.
Long Lake Conservation Center
- Minnesota's (USA) original residential environmental education center provides 3-day programs to school groups and 6-day summer camps, focusing on ecological concepts, outdoor skills, and wise use of resources.
Lorado Taft Field Campus
- An environmental education and conference center located in Oregon, IL. Part of Northern Illinois University (USA).
McLeod Creek Farm
- Online tour of a farm for kids that provides education day tours (USA).
Nature Discovery Center
- Hands-on center dedicated to teaching families about science and nature. Offers school programs, classes for children, discovery rooms, adult lectures, and bird walks (Bellaire, Texas, USA).
Naturedays at Aigas
- Environmental education at Aigas Field Centre in the Highlands of Scotland. Offers children of all ages the opportunity to explore nature through fun and challenging programmes.
The Nevada Outdoor School
- The NOS offers education programs and volunteer events, and hosts interpretive kits and lesson plans that can be used by teachers outside or in the classroom.
North Carolina Maritime Museum
- The educational mission of the museum is to interpret all aspects of North Carolina's diverse coastal natural history and rich maritime heritage and to address environmental issues and solutions through exhibits, in-house and outreach programs, field trips, and publications.
Ontario Pioneer Camp
- Located in the Muskoka region of Ontario, Canada, offers outdoor education programs to schools from across Southern and Eastern Ontario.
Quarry Hill Nature Center
- Our philosophy is environmental appreciation through education. A 290-acre, hands-on nature center and park with friendly staff and programs for all ages. Rochester, MN
Schoolship: A Floating Classroom on the Great Lakes
- Inland Seas Education Association, a non-profit organization, provides a floating classroom, the Schoolship Inland Seas, where people of all ages can gain first-hand training and experience in the Great Lakes ecosystem. (Michigan, USA)
Schoolyard Habitats - National Wildlife Federation
- Offers an array of resources and programs for formal and informal K-12 educators in a traditional classroom situation, nature center or other youth service facility. Provides educator workshop information, educator resources, and creating habitat sites information (USA).
- Offers expeditions into the coastal marine environment of New England (USA) and the Canadian Maritimes. Program offerings range from dockside visits for any age, daysails for sixth grade and up, and 5-day passages at sea from coastal communities of Massachusetts.
Shekinah Retreat Centre
- Shekinah is a camp and retreat centre located near Saskatoon, Sk. Provides outdoor school programs, summer camps. Operated by Mennonite Church Saskatchewan (Canada).
- Working to promote conservation and recreation in the countryside for everyone (Dorset, UK).
Swift Nature Camp
- At Swift, Forest Rangers teach about eagles and bears, while campers do hands on science projects and care for animals. Self accomplishment is promoted in a noncompetitive way during activities like swimming, scuba, horses, canoeing, and sailing (Wisconsin, USA).
Teaching Responsible Earth Education (T.R.E.E.)
- A non-profit organization which provides hands-on outdoor life science and environmental education programs to children, parents, and teachers in the New Orleans (USA) area.
Tillamook County Outdoor School
- TCODS is a nonprofit organization providing outdoor education for all sixth graders of Tillamook County, Oregon, USA. High school students serve as camp counselors. Classroom teachers participate with their students.
Turtle Island Preserve
- Outdoor education/retreat center near Boone, North Carolina, USA. Program topics include environmental education, Appalachian settler and Native American lore and crafts.
Up Yonda Farm Environmental Education Center
- Educational farm located in Bolton Landing, NY, USA. This park has 72 acres overlooking Lake George. The facility features wildlife exhibits, hiking trails, and nature programs.
Urban Ecology Center
- A community based organization that provides opportunities for environmental education and local stewardship (Wisconsin, USA).
Voyageur Environmental Center
- VEC is a year-round environmental education center nestled in the heart of Minnesota on 110 beautiful acres, an ideal location for environmental education field trips. Offer a selection of over 45 informative, interactive and experientially based programs.
Waterman Conservation Education Center
- The Waterman Conservation Education Center in Apalachin, NY, USA is dedicated to increasing environmental awareness and outdoor recreation. Waterman operates four wildlife refuges.
White Memorial Conservation Center
- Environmental education center and nature museum located in the heart of the 4000 acre White Memorial Foundation in Litchfield, Connecticut, USA.
Yosemite National Institutes
- Providing outdoor environmental education, Elderhostel, field seminars, youth and education training, and conference services in Headlands, Olympic and Yosemite National Parks (USA).
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 5:24:10 AM EDT -