become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Organizations
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Education: Organizations
Science: Environment: Education: Curriculum
Science: Environment: Education: In-School Programs
Science: Environment: Education: Outdoor Programs
Science: Environment: Organizations
Society: Issues: Environment: Organizations
Advanced Technology Environmental Education Center
- Seeks to advance environmental technology (ET) education through curriculum development, professional development, and program improvement in community colleges and high schools.
Back Bay Restoration Foundation
- The Back Bay Restoration Foundation (BBRF) site is dedicated to education toward the preservation, restoration and enhancement of the water quality in the Back Bay watershed in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Carbon County Environmental Education Center
- Pennsylvania organization providing residents with environmental classes, programs, wildlife rehabilitation, research and conservation.
Coalition for Education in the Outdoors
- A non-profit network of environmental education centers, conservation and recreation organizations, schools, fish and wildlife agencies, and businesses to support outdoor education.
Delaware Nature Society
- A non-profit organization that provides environmental education and advocacy; manages nature centers and preserves; has a native plant garden, butterfly house and historic gristmill; offers international trips.
- The Foundation allocates resources and contributes to public and private efforts in Earth Sustainability and in raising awareness of the uniqueness and fragility of our living environment.
EE Resources for the U.S. - Mexico Border
- In Spanish and English, offering comprehensive information on environmental education programs and organizations along the U.S - Mexico border.
Environmental Education Council of Ohio
- EECO promotes environmental education to all audiences in the state of Ohio.
Environmental Forum of Marin
- A Marin County, California, nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving the quality of our environment through education.
Environmental Literacy Council
- Discussions of environmental topics, with selected links, intended to help K-12 teachers and students to find substantive information about the environment on the Internet. Also includes a review of advanced placement textbooks in environmental science.
The Environmental Studies Centre
- Promoting awareness by providing education, the ESC in Kritou Terra, Cyprus, on the outskirts of the proposed Akamas national park, was the first environmental education centre on the island.
For Ed BC
- This BC, Canada-based non-partisan organization provides environmental education teaching resources for a variety of subjects and grade levels.
Global Environmental and Outdoor Education Council (GEOEC) of Alberta Teachers' Association
- Lesson plans and resources for teaching about the environment, global interdependence, and sustainability.
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection environmental education website. Extensive collection of online materials.
- A non-profit that creates innovative environmental and community training programs and educational materials for educators, youth, the workplace and communities.
King County: Water and Land Resources
- Information on lakes, streams, marine waters, wetlands, and fish and wildlife habitats and their protection. Specific to King County, Washington, USA but also of general interest.
Leave No Trace
- Encourages responsible, non-motorized outdoor activities with minimal impact on public recreational areas. The program provides education in outdoor skills and ethics.
Live & Learn: Environmental Education
- Project to promote sustainable development in the South Pacific through community involvement and environmental education.
Massachusetts Environmental Education Society
- Provides networking and educational resources such as annual conference, job listings, event listings, and student activities to the environmental education community.
National Wildlife Federation Environmental Education
- School and community program resources for students and teachers with publications such as "Ranger Rick".
North American Association for Environmental Education
- For professionals and students, global membership. Curriculum standards, guidelines on professional qualifications of educators, conferences, and professional development opportunities.
Orion Society, The
- Non-profit organization that publishes Orion magazine and Orion Afield, sponsors conferences, teacher training and model classroom programs, and Stories in the Land teaching fellowships.
Pfeiffer Nature Center -building knowledge of our natural world
- Provides listing of educational events, nature activities and research that promote responsibility and stewardship for nature within the local community through a variety of programs.
Placer Nature Center
- Non-profit organization in California's Sierra Nevada foothills, dedicated to educating the public on environmental issues. Teaching composting, land preservation and the necessity of the wild animals to human existence.
Project Food, Land and People
- A nonprofit educational organization promoting learning to help people better understand agriculture, the environment and people of the world.
Schools For a Sustainable Development
- An Australian organization which seeks to increase children's access to quality, hands-on environmental-sustainable education and sponsored school environmental projects.
Shenandoah National Park Association
- SNPA is a non-profit partner with Shenandoah National Park providing informational and educational items to park visitors. Maps, hiking guides, nature guides, cultural and other information helps plan visits or to better enjoy the Park.
Southwest Environmental Research & Education
- Non-profit group dedicated to issues of concern in the US Four Corners region of the United States. Offers mission statement, news, contacts and links.
Sustainable Laos Education Initiatives
- A small non-profit organization runs environmental education projects in remote rural areas in Laos to ensure that vital human needs are met in environmentally and socially sustainable ways.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 11:32:10 PM EDT -