become an editor
the entire directory
only in Climate_Change/Research_Groups_and_Centers
Research Groups and Centers
Science: Biology: Ecology: Research Groups and Centers
Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Climatology: Research Groups and Centers
Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Meteorology: Research Groups and Centers
Science: Environment: Research Groups and Centers
Science: Research Groups and Centers
- Collaborative effort joins Canadian university researchers and government officials with scientists from Japan, Europe, Russia and the US to study the impacts of climate change in the coastal Canadian Arctic.
BC3: Basque Centre for Climate Change
- Research center based in the Basque Country which aims at contributing to long term research on the causes and consequences of climate change.
California Climate Change Research Center
- The Public Interest Energy Research Program (PIER) supports climate monitoring, analysis and modeling, improving greenhouse gas inventory methods, reducing GHG emissions and studying the impact on the state.
Center for Global Environmental Research, Japan
- Conducts diverse research on the consequences of human activities on the earth system. Includes information about capabilities, projects, data, and publications.
Centre for Climate Change Economics and Policy
- CCCEP brings together leading researchers on climate change economics and policy, from many different disciplines, to advance public and private action on climate change. Hosted jointly by the University of Leeds and LSE, and chaired by Lord Nicholas Stern, author of the Stern Report.
Centre of Excellence for Climate Change Woodland and Forest Health
- Research on premature decline of native tree species in Western Australia. Contains research outlines, publications and collaborators.
Climate Change Impacts Adaptations and Mitigation Research Group
- CC-IAM is a research group at the University of Lisbon conducting trans-disciplinary research.
Climate System Research Center, University of Massachusetts
- Research is focused on the climate system, climate variability and global change issues, from contemporary climate variations, their causes and consequences, to paleoclimatic and paleoenvironmental changes. Includes news of recent research.
Environmental Change Institute, University of Oxford
- Oxford University's centre for the study of environmental change: causes, impacts and remediation.
Grantham Institute for Climate Change
- Research center based at Imperial College London, UK. Includes details of research, people, news, events and publications.
Hamburg University: Sustainability and Global Change
- Multi-disciplinary research and education on human-induced environmental change, sponsored by Departments of Geosciences and Economics.
International Arctic Research Center, Fairbanks, Alaska
- Fostering international collaboration in global climate change research in the Arctic.
International Geosphere-Biosphere Programme
- Project from the Swedish Academy of Sciences tracks the interaction of biology and chemistry of the earth as they relate to global change.
NASA Scatterometer Climate Record Pathfinder
- Microwave radar scatterometers measure wind over the ocean from space. Their data is usefule for monitoring climate conditions. This site provides access to climate record data from the Seasat, NSCAT, ERS-1/2 and SeaWinds scatterometers in image form to support climate change studies.
NASA: Goddard Institute for Space Studies
- Includes a spotlight on global warming, and information on their research into the climate and climate modelling.
NOAA Climate Program Office
- Assists by sponsoring focused scientific research aimed at understanding climate variability and it predictability.
Northern Climate ExChange
- Yukon-based exchange point for climate change study in the circumpolar north. Topics include climate predictions, impacts, and energy efficiency.
Professor Alex Hall's Climate Sensitivity Research Lounge
- From the UCLA's Department of Atmospheric Sciences. Provides information on research, publications and courses, as well as an 'information exchange' that provides links to a range of published articles.
Rutgers Climate and Environmental Change Initiative
- Describes the university-wide effort to understand the impacts of climate change on our society and the environment.
Scottish Centre for Carbon Storage
- Research center in Edinburgh aiming to find innovative solutions to carbon capture and subsurface storage and sequestration.
UK Climatic Research Unit
- Widely recognised as one of the world's leading institutions concerned with the study of natural and anthropogenic climate change. Site provides a introductory-level information sheets, extensive downloadable data sets, information on research projects and programmes, and information on academic programmes, climate conferences, and climate links.
US Global Hydrology and Climate Center
- A joint venture between government (NASA) and academia to study the global water cycle and its effect on weather and climate.
Research Groups and Centers
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 1, 2015 at 11:41:57 UTC -