become an editor
the entire directory
only in Climate_Change/Organizations
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Climate Change: Organizations
Science: Environment: Organizations
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
- Established by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) and United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) to assess available scientific, technical, and socio-economic information in the field of climate change. Links to full-text papers, meeting schedule, speeches and press releases, and an information center offering data viewed as statistics, graphically, and by map.
Australian Bureau of Meteorology: Climate Change
- Fact sheets and information on climate change, with an Australian perspective. Also provides annual statements on Australia's climate.
Austrian Council on Climate Change (ACCC)
- Interdisciplinary working group which aims to identify and evaluate measures relating to the prevention of global climate change. Includes a climate change portal. [English, German]
Committee on Climate Change
- The CCC is an independent body established under the Climate Change Act to advise the UK Government on reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
Environment Canada: Climate Change Science and Research
- Provides climate news and details of research. Also provides information on Canadian participation in international climate change programs.
Europa - Climate Change
- The European position on global warming. Includes adaptations, international climate negotiations and EU domestic actions.
European Environment Agency - Climate Change
- Reports on the science of climate change, its impacts and possible mitigation strategies. Collection of indicators, reports, links, data sets and targets on climate change.
German Advisory Council on Global Change
- WBGU provides recommendations for research and further action to combat global problems in the field of environment and development.
IEA Greenhouse Gas R&D Programme
- International Energy Agency. Introduction to climate change, information on technical solutions. Reports and a regular newsletter, details of forthcoming conferences, links to other sites.
International Polar Foundation (IPF)
- Provides an interface between science and society. Includes projects, calendar and publications.
Rotterdam Climate Initiative
- Project to reduce the CO2 produced in the City of Rotterdam for the benefit of the people, the environment, and the economy. In Dutch and English.
U.S. EPA - Climate Change
- Focuses on the science and impacts of global warming or climate change, and on actions by governments, corporations, and individuals that help address global warming issues. Features include climate change related news, events, publications, reports, presentations, and links to other sites.
U.S. Global Change Research Program
- Integrates federal research on climate and global change, as sponsored by thirteen federal agencies. Provides information on US Federal policy, news, publications and resources.
U.S. Global Change Research Program
- Archives of scientific research, links, educational resources, and the U.S. national assessment of the potential consequences of climate variability and change.
U.S. NASA - Global Climate Change
- Provides news, key indicators, evidence, causes, effects, uncertainties, solutions, NASA's role, education and resources regarding climate change. From the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
U.S. National Climatic Data Center - Global Warming
- World's largest archive of climate data provides answers to frequently asked questions about climate change.
UN System's Work on Climate Change
- Official UN gateway provides news, partners, publications, calendar, Copenhagen field notes and information on the science, themes and negotiations. Includes how to take action and special section for youth.
UNEP Climate Change (GRID-Arendal)
- Climate change information from GRID-Arendal, the United Nations Environment Programme information office.
United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- Online newsletter concerning issues on and about the UN's convention on long term weather change. Page includes list of meetings and the background behind the Kyoto Protocol.
USDA Forest Service - Climate Change Resource Center
- CCRC is a reference Web site for resource managers and decision makers who need information and tools to address climate change in planning and project implementation.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, November 6, 2013 11:28:23 PM EST -