become an editor
the entire directory
only in Impacts_and_Indicators/Ecosystems
Impacts and Indicators
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Climate Change: Impacts and Indicators: Ecosystems
Science: Biology: Ecology: Ecosystems
Alpine Lakes: Extreme Ecosystems under the Pressures of Global Change
- Describes the sensitivity to environmental change of high mountain lakes, and assesses their use as early warning systems. Includes diagrams, graphs, references, and pictures. From Roland Psenner, Professor of Limnology at the University of Innsbruck. [PDF]
Bering Sea Climate and Ecosystem
- Essays on the relevance of weather, climate and fisheries to the ecosystem. Includes sea ice datasets, recent trends, maps, and photographs.
Climate Change - Defoliation Interactions in Canadian Rangelands
- An NSERC Strategic-funded collaborative research project by University of Alberta and University of Regina researchers investigating the interactive effects of climate change and defoliation on Canadian rangeland systems.
Climate Change and Global Glacier Decline
- WWF paper that describes and explains glacier loss, and examines the risks posed to specific regions, habitats, and species. [PDF]
The Fates of Low-Latitude Glaciers
- Presentation by Lonnie G. Thompson of Ohio State University. Includes discussion of certainties and probabilities, photographic evidence, graphs, graphical representation of 20th century changes in ice cover, and distribution maps. [PDF]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 4, 2012 at 20:24:04 UTC -