become an editor
the entire directory
only in Impacts_and_Indicators/Animals
Impacts and Indicators
Science: Biology: Ecology: Wildlife Ecology and Management
Science: Earth Sciences: Paleontology: Extinction
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species
AmphibiaWeb: Declining Amphibian Populations
- Summarizes some of the evidence of climate change around the world. Describes direct effects such as phenology, decline and extinction, and indirect effects such as decreased immune function due to increased exposure of amphibian embryos to ultraviolet radiation.
Australian Institute of Marine Science (AIMS): Coral Bleaching Index
- The results of reef monitoring and regional surveys are used to provide up to date information on the status of corals around the world. Includes details of facilities, services, and current research projects.
Climate Change and Wildlife
- An overview including brief details of the various responses, from changed habits to species decline, of marine and freshwater fish, insects and other invertebrates, mammals, reptiles and amphibians, and birds. [PDF]
World Health Organization (WHO): Using Climate to Predict Infectious Disease Outbreaks
- Review of the degree to which epidemics are sensitive to climate variations. Identifies candidate diseases and describes the conceptual framework for developing climate-based early warning systems. [PDF]
Effects of Global Warming on Trout and Salmon in US Streams
- A detailed report of results from a simulation study, estimating how stream temperatures will respond to changes in air temperature, and assessing the vulnerability of fish species to changes in availability of suitable habitat. Includes statistics, graphs, maps, and photographs. [PDF] (May 01, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 15, 2014 at 5:24:05 UTC -