become an editor
the entire directory
only in Climate_Change/Desertification
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Climate Change: Desertification
Science: Biology: Ecology: Ecosystems: Deserts
Science: Biology: Ecology: Soil Ecology
Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Meteorology: Weather Phenomena: Drought
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species: Ecosystems and Habitats: Deserts
This category in other languages:
Adaptive Strategies for Sustainable Livelihoods in Arid and Semi-Arid Lands (ASALs) Project
- Description of ASALs Project in Africa, along with outputs, findings, significance and bibliography.
Beijing's Desert Storm
- Article and photos describe desertification in China, where the desert is on the move. With dunes already 75 kilometers from Beijing, environmentalists fear the sand could swallow the capital in a few years.
Desertification and Drought
- Internet links to sites related to desertification, maintained by University of Arizona.
- Includes information on a documentary film, education outreach and web-enabled services produced with the aim of educating young adults on the science and opportunities associated with climate change and the environmental degradation of global drylands.
French Scientific Committee on Desertification
- CSFD provides political decision makers with accurate information on desertification and publishes thematic reports and fact sheets. In French and English.
Institutional Adaptations to Climate Change
- Joint Canada/Chile project to research the capacity of institutions in dryland regions to adapt to the impacts of climate change.
Land Degradation and Desertification
- International Union of Soil Sciences working group site offers conference reports, technical papers and links to other organizations.
MEDACTION: Policies for Land Use to Combat Desertification
- Describes a decision support system for land management in Italy and Portugal. Features project description, bibliography and contact details.
Monitoring and Early Warning
- Maps providing monthly updated, near real time, distributed information on rainfall, actual evapotranspiration, radiation, drought and desertification indices, and crop yield forecasts for Africa and Europe. Includes methodology discussions and links to similar resources.
The Sahara and the Sahel Observatory (OSS)
- Details about mission, objectives and structure of OSS, an organization striving to build up an African arena for cooperation and exchange to combat desertification and poverty. Available in English and French.
Selected Internet Resources on Desertification
- Information about intergovernmental organizations, national/regional activities,non-governmental organizations in the field of desertification. Also related reports/news/information sources.
United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification
- Provides access to the official documents maintained or received by the UNCCD Secretariat and is a general source of information on the topic of desertification for the interested public.
Web Resources on Desertification
- Links to web sites providing information on desertification worldwide.
The Second Meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the U.N. Convention to Combat Desertification
- Page includes summaries of daily discusses, which featured concerned nations from around the world. Past event took place in Dakar, Senegal. (November 30, 1998)
First UN Convention to Combat Desertification
- Purpose of meeting was to discuss the problem of land degradation and to offer suggestions to prevent this phenomena. Page includes list of participating countries and their ideas. Took place 29 September - 10 October 1997, Rome Italy. (September 29, 1997)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 11:42:25 AM EDT -