the entire directory
only in Environment/Climate_Change
Impacts and Indicators
For Kids and Teens
News and Media
Products and Services
Research Groups and Centers
Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Atmospheric Chemistry
Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Atmospheric Physics
Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Climatology
Science: Environment: Carbon Cycle
Science: Environment: Sustainability: Global Sustainability
Science: Social Sciences: Economics: Environmental Economics
Science: Technology: Energy
Society: Issues: Environment: Climate Change
This category in other languages:
AIP - The Discovery of Global Warming
- A hypertext history of how scientists came to (partly) understand what people are doing to cause climate change, told in a set of hyperlinked essays by Spencer Weart. From the American Institute of Physics.
- Explains what global warming is, why it should concern you and what you can do about it.
- Canadian government site reporting official actions concerning climate change, and suggesting ways people can help.
Eos, Transactions American Geophysical Union
- Article reviews scientific understanding of the issue of greenhouse gases and climate change, as presented in peer-reviewed publications.
Exploratorium: Global Climate Change
- Educational site provides scientific data relating to the atmosphere, the oceans, the land, and their living organisms. Teaches how scientists study natural phenomena: how researchers gather evidence, test theories, and come to conclusions.
- Provides live satellite and sensor imagery which links sea temperatures, hurricane and typhoon strengths, melting polar icecaps, rising sea level, melting glaciers and weather patterns all over the world.
- An elementary introduction to the problems surrounding man-made climate change.
Global Change Vulnerabilities in the Barents Region: Linking Several Resources
- BALANCE is an EU funded project (2003-2005) that follows on from BASIS (1997-1999). Its aim is to assess the vulnerabilities of the Barents Sea system to climate change based on a common modelling framework for major environmental and societal components.
- Provides resources including peer reviewed articles, funding and research opportunities and recent climate news.
- Provides factual information on climate change based on IPCC reports and peer reviewed papers.
Global Warming Bibliography
- Books on global warming, ranging from the Kyoto Protocol to skepticism. Provided by King's College, Cambridge.
The Green Agenda
- Describes the rise of the global environmental movement and its future political agenda.
Human Dimensions of Global Environmental Change Discussion List
- Mailing list subscription information and link to archives.
IPCC Data Distribution Centre
- Established by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change to facilitate the distribution of up-to-date scenarios of changes in climate and related environmental and socio-economic factors for use in climate impact assessments.
Is Climate Sensitive to Solar Variability?
- Nicola Scafetta and Bruce J. West argue that the importance of the variability of the sun's output has not been given sufficient weight when discussing the causes of climate change. [PDF]
NASA's Global Change Master Directory
- A directory of descriptions of data sets of relevance to global change research. The GCMD database covers climate change, agriculture, the atmosphere, biosphere, hydrosphere and oceans, geology, geography, and human dimensions of global change.
National Resources Defense Council: Global Warming
- Highlights the issues facing the United States today and suggests ways members of the public can help.
Nikan Oti: The Future
- The project examines how two First Nations communities have taken initiatives to address adaptation and adaptive capacity to climate related risks and opportunities.
SourceWatch - Portal: Climate Change
- Information resource investigating key aspects of climate change policy and debate. Includes articles, who's who, skeptics corner, COP15 and things to do.
START - SysTem for Analysis Research and Training
- Aims to evaluate the impact of global change and enhance scientific capacity in developing countries.
Usenet: Climate Change: Some Basics
- Archived Usenet FAQ.
WHO: Climate Change and Human Health
- Provides links to much detailed information on climate change science and the health implications of global warming.
Wikibooks - Climate Change
- Provides information on the science, evidence of change, causes, effects, and mitigation strategies. From the open-content textbook collection.
Wikipedia - Climate Change
- Hyperlinked encyclopedia article about climate change over millions of years, including causes and physical evidence.
Wikipedia - Global Warming
- Hyperlinked encyclopedia article covers the trends, climate models, feedback, attributed and expected effects, responses, debate and skepticism.
Telegraph.co.uk: Climate Dissent Grows Hotter as Chill Deepens
- The extraordinary winter weather of 2008 in different parts of the world is discussed by Christopher Booker. (March 09, 2008)
Geological Society of New Zealand: Evidence for Global Warming
- A statement by Professor Peter Barrett (Victoria University, Wellington, New Zealand) on the reality of global warming from the viewpoint of an earth scientist. (May 10, 2002)
Reconciling Observations of Global Temperature Change
- Full-text online version of book from the (US) National Academy of Sciences, Board on Atmospheric Sciences and Climate, a detailed investigation into differences between surface temperatures and those of the lower troposphere, concluding that the warming trend is "undoubtedly real." From National Academies Press. (July 01, 2000)
Climate Change and Greenhouse Gases
- Article reviews scientific understanding of the issue of greenhouse gases and climate change, as presented in peer-reviewed publications. This understanding serves as the underlying basis of the American Geophysical Union's position statement of December 1998. (September 28, 1999)
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 22, 2015 at 10:15:10 UTC -