become an editor
the entire directory
only in Carbon_Cycle/Carbon_Management
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Carbon Cycle: Carbon Management
Livestock Methane Emissions
Products and Services
Business: Energy: Consulting
Science: Biology: Ecology
Science: Biology: Microbiology
Science: Earth Sciences: Geochemistry
Science: Earth Sciences: Oceanography
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species: Ecosystems and Habitats: Forests
- Developer of a process in which micro algae use carbon dioxide and produce both biodiesel and feedstock for animals.
Big Sky Carbon Sequestration Partnership
- Addresses CO2 emissions and seeks the most suitable technologies, regulations, and infrastructure needs for carbon capture, storage and sequestration, both terrestrial and geologic.
Car Emissions Information
- Information about carbon dioxide emission and fuel consumption of cars.
- A EU-funded research project designed to better understand, quantify and predict under current and future scenarios the carbon balance of Europe.
Carbon Capture and Storage
- Carbon (dioxide) capture and storage (CCS) in geological structures is fast-emerging as a promising method for decoupling fossil fuel use and carbon emissions. This site provides information about the UKCCSC project.
The Carbon Fund
- The Carbon Fund is financing and promoting the protection, restoration and enhancement of forests all over the world through carbon sequestration, an important tool in preventing global climate change.
Carbon Mitigation Initiative
- Website providing information about a joint research project of Princeton University, BP and the Ford Motor Company into impacts of climate change and measures to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Includes research papers that can be downloaded.
Carbon Offsets Daily
- News about the international carbon market, emissions, trading and offsetting.
- Information on US DOE's Office of Science research and development activities in sequestering carbon underground, in terrestrial ecosystems, in the ocean, and through manipulation of microbes.
- Information about the US Department of Energy's portfolio of research and development programs into Carbon Sequestration.
Carbon Sequestration in Terrestrial Ecosystems (CSiTE)
- U.S. DOE research aimed at enhancing carbon capture and long-term sequestration in terrestrial ecosystems.
Carbon Sequestration Leadership Forum
- Information about the CSLF and its activities, including endorsed projects, papers and presentations.
Carbon Tax Center
- Organization launched in 2007 to give voice to Americans who believe that taxing emissions of carbon dioxide is imperative to reduce global warming.
The Carbon Trust
- The Carbon Trust is an independent not for profit company set up by the UK Government with support from business to take the lead on low carbon technology and innovation in the UK.
- Independent organisation that helps businesses and the public sector with energy-saving strategies and commercializing low carbon technologies. Offices in Beijing, New York and UK.
Carbon-Dioxide Sequestration in Geologic Media
- Texas Bureau of Economic Geology describes its research initiatives on the potential to sequester carbon in saline geologic formations and abandoned oil/gas reservoirs.
- The United States' first federally recognized certification mark for greenhouse gas neutral products and services. Helps businesses and consumers find carbon and greenhouse neutral products and services.
CO2 Capture Project
- Describes efforts by eight of the world's leading energy companies to reduce the cost of CO2 capture from combustion sources and to develop methods for safely storing carbon dioxide underground.
- Listing of emissions by country compiled by the UN.
DOE Center for Research on Ocean Carbon Sequestration
- United States Department of Energy (DOE) view of techniques for storing carbon in the ocean.
DOE: Carbon Sequestration R&D
- U.S. Department of Energy program of research and other efforts to develop mid- to long-term solutions for reducing carbon dioxide concentrations in the atmosphere, including sequestration in oceans, geologic formations, and terrestrial ecosystems.
- Aims to reduce human induced climate change by promoting corporate, governmental and personal social responsibility through education and empowerment.
The GEO-SEQ Project
- Describes U.S. public-private research and development on methods for capture and geologic sequestration of CO2.
GHC Protocol Initiative
- Standards and guidance regarding corporate greenhouse gas accounting and reporting.
The Gold Standard
- An NGO-backed tool that generates premium carbon credits and promotes sustainable development. It is a source of information for all stakeholders involved in CDM/JI projects.
Greenhouse Gas Technology Center
- Investigating the performance of technologies to mitigate and monitor greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.
Hydrogen Production With Carbon Sequestration
- Research overview of the production of carbon sequestering fertilizer made during renewable hydrogen production.
Land-Use Management for Carbon Sequestration
- Study of the potential for sequestering carbon from alternative land-use management options in SubSaharan Africa developed by Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL).
Midwest Geological Sequestration Consortium
- The MGSC will assess the potential for geologic sequestration of carbon dioxide in the deeply buried unminable coal seams, depleting oil or gas reservoirs, and brine-filled rock formations found in the Illinois Basin.
MIT Carbon Capture and Sequestration Technologies
- Background information and details of research projects.
Ocean Chemistry of Greenhouse Gases
- Information about research by the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI) into ocean sequestration of carbon dioxide.
Planting Trees to Save Planet is Pointless, say Ecologists
- This Guardian UK article discusses findings that most forests do not have an effect on global temperature.
Siberia II - Project Website
- Multinational study to demonstrate the viability of full carbon accounting on a regional basis using the environmental tools and systems available to us today and in the near future. Site provides news, data and other information.
Sleipner CO2 project
- Provides information on the separation process of CO2 and natural gas as used by Statoil prior to underground CO2 storage.
Support CO2 Free
- Organization that aims to make the World a better and greener place by promoting a CO2 free future and by providing guidance and help to investors and innovators.
US EPA Methane Voluntary Programs
- EPA methane and utility outreach programs are intended to reduce emissions of methane, a potent greenhouse gas.
What You Can Do: Go Carbon Neutral
- The David Suzuki Foundation provides tips for becoming carbon neutral.
Zero Emissions Research and Technology: A National Resource for Geologic Sequestration Science
- ZERT is a research collaborative focused on understanding the basic science of underground (geologic) carbon dioxide storage to mitigate greenhouse gases from fossil fuel use and to develop technologies that can ensure the safety and reliability of that storage.
Care Needed with Carbon Offsets
- BBC article discusses the finding that the benefits that come from trees reducing atmospheric carbon dioxide can be outweighed by their capacity to trap heat near the ground. (December 15, 2006)
BBC: Carbon Emissions Show Sharp Rise
- The growth in global carbon dioxide emissions accelerated sharply around the year 2000, a new analysis shows. (November 27, 2006)
- New Internationalist Magazine special issue on carbon offsets. (July 01, 2006)
How Coldplay's Green Hopes Died in the Arid Soil of India
- Telegraph.co.uk article discusses the outcome of a carbon offset environmental initiative by the rock band Coldplay. (April 29, 2006)
Business Gets Serious About Emissions
- BusinessWeek Online special report about business and global warming. (December 12, 2005)
Trends of Measured Climate Forcing Agents
- Paper by Hansen and Sato (PNAS 2001;98:14778) makes the case for an increased focus on methane and aerosols in the short-term in order to mitigate climate change. (December 18, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, November 6, 2013 11:28:20 PM EST -