become an editor
the entire directory
only in Biodiversity/Organizations
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Organizations
Science: Biology: Organizations
Science: Environment: Biodiversity: International Conventions
Science: Environment: Organizations
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species: Organizations
UNEP World Conservation Monitoring Centre
- Provides information for policy and action to conserve the living world. Activities include assessment and early warning studies in forest, dryland, freshwater and marine ecosystems, plus research on endangered species and biodiversity indicators. Uses geographic information systems and other analytical technologies to visualise trends, patterns and emerging priorities for conservation action.
Biodiversity Information Standards TDWG
- Formerly known as the Taxonomic Database Working Group, a non-profit group coordinated by the International Union of Bioligical Scientists to promote the exchange of biodiversity data.
- Outreach program to help explain the importance of biodiversity to individuals and media support to interested people. Includes history and resource links.
Biowatch South Africa
- NGO publicising, monitoring and researching issues of biological diversity, genetic engineering and sustainable livelihoods.
Cambridge Conservation Forum
- Develops links and synergies across the community of conservation practitioners and researchers based around Cambridge, UK. Newsletter and events.
Czech Union for Nature Conservation (ČSOP)
- A nongovernmental organization in the Czech Republic which specializes in species, habitat and landscape conservation together with spreading environmental education.
Des Plaines River Valley Restoration Project
- Volunteer organization in western Cook County, Illinois, dedicated to removing invasive and non-native plants. Features contacts, FAQ, images, map and links.
- Information about taxonomy, natural history, distribution, abundance, and ecology of many species worldwide. Includes tools to identify, map, and database species.
Endangered Species International
- Aims to reverse the trend of human-induced species extinction and to preserve vital ecosystems. Provides information on current and past projects and on endangered species.
Fundacion Philippe Cousteau
- Organisation that aims to encourage sustainable development, defence of the environment, promotion of research, cooperative programs and cultural, educational and civic projects connected with the sea. English and Spanish.
GEIB Grupo Especialista en Invasiones Biológicas
- Spanish independent organization developing its own projects and providing technical assistance and consultancy in the field of biological invasions. Provides information on managing invasive alien plants.
- Centre for biodiversity research and eco-tours - working in Asia and Arabia.
International Zoo Educators Association
- IZE is a professional association dedicated to expanding the educational impact of zoos and aquariums worldwide, to enhance the understanding of conservation issues and to share information on effective informal education methods.
The Linnean Society
- The world's oldest extant biological society which remains a leading modern forum for debate and discussion of natural history in all its branches. The Society uniquely embraces the entire sweep of biology, and particularly areas concerning the diversity and interrelationships of organisms.
- Malagasy biodiversity organisation dedicated to the conservation of endemic vertebrates and their habitats in Madagascar.
Marine Conservation Cambodia
- A project devoted to protecting Cambodia's marine environment. Also offers consultancy services and volunteering opportunities.
One World Wildlife
- UK conservation charity supporting ecological research, sustainable development initiatives and environmental education projects -- details of projects and news.
Pacific Biodiversity Institute
- Conducts long-term monitoring of ecological and biodiversity trends and encourages the use and development of science-based conservation projects.
- Has the objective of enumerating all known species of plants, animals, fungi and microbes on Earth as the baseline dataset for studies of global biodiversity. It will also provide a simple access point enabling users to link from here to other data systems for all groups of organisms, using direct species-links.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:45:04 AM EDT -