become an editor
the entire directory
only in Biodiversity/Invasive_Species
Home: Gardening: Pest and Disease Control
Science: Agriculture: Pests and Diseases
Science: Agriculture: Pests and Diseases: Biological Control
Science: Biology: Ecology
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species
Alien Species In Hawaii Information Index
- Entry point for information on alien species in Hawaii compiled by the Hawaiian Ecosystems at Risk (HEAR) Project.
Beware of Invasive Species
- Document adapted from USA Department of Transportation sources on control of invasive plant species in highway projects.
Big Island Invasive Species Committee
- Progress reports and meeting notes from BIISC regarding work in eliminating invasive species from Hawaii, USA.
The Center for Invasive Plant Management
- Promotes ecologically based management of invasive plants, with a goal of restoring desired plant communities.
Everglades Cooperative Invasive Species Management Area
- Provides information on this formal partnership of federal, state, and local government agencies, individuals and groups that manage invasive species.
Florida Invasive Species Partnership
- Aims to promote partnership efforts, such as Cooperative Weed Management Areas, to encourage collaborative efforts on a statewide, regional and local level.
Hawaiian Ecosystems at Risk Project
- Information about alien species in Hawaiian ecosystems.
Illinois Natural History Program
- INHS research projects in invasive species and biological control.
International Programs News
- A look at the particular susceptibility of Pacific Island ecosystems to invasive species.
Introduced Species in the UK
- A look at the invasive species that have become established in the British Isles over the past three hundred years.
Invasive and Exotic Species of North America
- Images and information about insects, weeds, diseases, biological control agents, and other invasive or exotic organisms.
Invasive Species Fact Sheet - Weeds Gone Wild
- Describes the impact of invasive plants and aquatic species in the U.S., and Department of the Interior efforts to combat their introduction and spread.
Invasive Species Program - U.S. Fish and Wildlife
- The mission of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is working with others to conserve, protect, and enhance fish and wildlife and their habitats for the continuing benefit of the American people.
- A comprehensive, online information system that facilitates access to and exchange of invasive species data and resources by researchers, scientists, and concerned citizens. USA only.
IUCN Invasive Species Specialist Group
- The ISSG aims to reduce threats to natural ecosystems and the native species they contain - by increasing awareness of invasions, and of ways to prevent, control, or eradicate them.
Maui Invasive Species Committee (MISC)
- A voluntary partnership of private, government, and non-profit organizations organized to prevent new pest species from becoming established in Maui County and to stop established pests from spreading wherever possible.
National Invasive Species Information Center
- Provides a reference gateway to information, organizations and services about invasive species including federal, state, local and international sources.
Watershed Academy Web - Invasive Non-Native Species
- Short primer on invasive species, particularly in aquatic systems, with links to other information. From U.S. EPA.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 5, 2014 at 3:24:08 UTC -