become an editor
the entire directory
only in Biodiversity/International_Conventions
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Biodiversity: International Conventions
Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Organizations
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species: Trade in Wildlife and Plants
Society: Law: Legal Information: Environmental Law
Society: Law: Legal Information: International Law
Society: Law: Organizations: Environmental
Society: Law: Reference: International Law
Convention on Biological Diversity
- CBD is a global agreement addressing all aspects of biological diversity: genetic resources, species, and ecosystems. Primary site for information, implementation, reports, documents and links.
Australia's Biodiversity Clearing House Mechanism
- serves the information needs of those organisations involved in implementing the provisions of the Convention and the National Strategy for the Conservation of Australia's Biological Diversity.
Belgian Clearing-House Mechanism
- The Belgian node of The Clearing-House Mechanism (CHM) under the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD). Languages: French, English, Dutch.
Clearing-House Mechanism for Convention on Biological Diversity
- Information resources, on-line forums related to the world-wide implementation of the Convention.
Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species
- CITES is an international treaty drawn up in 1973 to protect wildlife against over-exploitation, and to prevent international trade from threatening species with extinction. Text of the convention, publications, research programs, databases of CITES-listed flora and fauna.
Convention on Migratory Species
- The Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals (also known as CMS or the Bonn Convention) aims to conserve terrestrial, marine and avian migratory species throughout their range.
Global Biodiversity Forum - GBF
- An independent and open mechanism to analyze and discuss priority ecological, economic, institutional and social issues related to the options for action to conserve biodiversity, and use biological resources sustainably and equitably. Designed to provide a forum to support and enhance the objectives of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and other biodiversity-related instruments at the national and international levels.
Global Programme of Action for the Protection of the Marine Environment from Land-based Activities
- The GPA aims at preventing the degradation of the marine environment from land-based activities by facilitating the duty of States to preserve and protect the marine environment.
Ramsar Convention on Wetlands
- An intergovernmental treaty which provides the framework for national action and international cooperation for the conservation and wise use of wetlands and their resources.
United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification
- The Convention promotes new approaches to managing dryland ecosystems. Official documents, reports, action programmes, regional and general information about desertification.
World Commission on Protected Areas
- WCPA's international mission is to promote the establishment and effective management of a world-wide representative network of terrestrial and marine protected areas, as an integral contribution to the IUCN mission.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, July 4, 2013 4:18:49 AM EDT -