become an editor
the entire directory
only in Genetic_Resources/Food_and_Agriculture
Food and Agriculture
On-Farm and In Situ
Science: Biology: Genetics: Eukaryotic: Plant
ARCHIVED: System-wide Information Network for Genetic Resources
- SINGER is the genetic resources information exchange network of the International Agricultural Research Centres of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research. It provides access to information on the collections of genetic resources held by the CGIAR Centres. Together, these collections comprise over half a million samples of crop, forage and tree germplasm of major importance for food and agriculture.
Fourth Regular Session of the Governing Body of the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture
- The meeting was held in Bali, Indonesia, from 14 to 18 March 2011 at the Bali International Convention Centre, preceded by two days of regional consultations on Saturday 12 and Sunday 13. The Government of Indonesia organized a High-Level Ministerial conference on Friday 11 March. Included implementation of: the Multilateral System of Access and Benefit-sharing; Article 6, Sustainable Use of Plant Genetic Resources; Article 9, Farmers’ Rights.
Genetic resources documentation
- Provides information about types of documentation required to properly conserve, manage and use genetic diversity, including: Standards, Protocols and Descriptors Lists; Passport data; Characterization; Evaluation; Monitoring gene flow; Genebank management software; and Information systems.
Germplasm Resources Information Network (GRIN)
- Facilitates management and operation of plant, animal, microbe and invertebrate genetic resources research programs for the Agricultural Research Service. Site provides access to data dictionaries for databases of plant germplasm and forage legumes collections.
International Seed Treaty
- Web portal of the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture (IT PGRFA), the global agreement that aims to conserve and further develop, on their farms, the (rapidly eroding) range of farmers' seed varieties that is basis of the world's food supply.
Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture (PGRFA)
- FAO portal for the State of the World's PGRFA, the Global Plan of Action and its implementation and related conferences, agreements and treaties.
Seeds and Survival: Crop Genetic Resources in War and Reconstruction in Africa
- Considers the impact of war, civil strife and low-intensity conflict on the management of plant genetic resources, in regions where crop plant genetic resources are still conserved in situ by small-scale agriculturalists. PDF format.
Food and Agriculture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 6, 2015 at 6:47:59 UTC -