become an editor
the entire directory
only in Biodiversity/Genetic_Resources
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Genetic Resources
Food and Agriculture
Intellectual Property Rights
Science: Biology: Genetics
- Bioversity International, formerly IPGRI, is an international research institute with a mandate to advance the conservation and use of genetic diversity for the well-being of present and future generations. The site contains extensive information on international and regional activities and networks, country information, specific crops, training materials, legal and technical documents.
Conservation and Utilization of Plant Genetic Resources
- Postgraduate program at the University of Birmingham and Kew Botanic Gardens providing training in plant in situ and ex situ genetic conservation and sustainable utilisation.
Genetic Resources Conservation Program
- Archive of the University of California Genetic Resources Conservation Program, which closed in 2008. It focused on California's biological diversity and its conservation in the broadest sense: onsite and offsite conservation of the native flora and fauna, collections of germplasm amassed for agricultural, medicinal, and industrial uses, and collections of genetic stocks, tissues, cells, and DNA developed for teaching and research purposes.
National Invertebrate Genetic Resources Program
- A program of the USDA Agricultural Research Service. Goals include: preservation of reference specimens, maintenance of genetically important germplasm, documentation of specific insect stocks, management of databases, distribution of material to researchers and breeders.
Plant Genetic Resources Links
- A page of links to International organizations.
- This page provides information about the National Gene Bank of Tunisia. It includes scientific laboratories for the study of the genetic resources and cool rooms that can store up to 200,000 accessions.
UK Focal Point on Access to Genetic Resources and Benefit Sharing
- Although the UK has not introduced specific legislation to regulate access to genetic resources, this site offers information to assist those that may wish to access genetic resources in the UK and its dependent territories.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:47:57 PM EST -