become an editor
the entire directory
only in Conservation/Sustainability
Chumbe Island Coral Park, Zanzibar/Tanzania
- UNEP Global500 Award winning private island conservation project, using ecotourism to fund conservation management and environmental education for local schoolchildren. Park rangers provide guided snorkelling and walks along nature trails.
Conservation and Livelihoods Network
- Recognizing the need to reconcile wildlife conservation and people's livelihood needs and working towards promoting people's participation in wildlife conservation.
- An international non-profit organization supporting scientific field research and offering members of the public the opportunity to work with distinguished field scientists.
- A project co-ordinated by the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh, conducting research into the uses of the native flora of Celtic regions. Includes project description, a searchable database, a forum and information on the uses of Scottish plants.
Forest Policy and Environment Group
- Focuses on institutional, policy and socio-economic aspects of sustainable forest management and conservation and the interface between forests and other land-uses.
- Global Methodology for Mapping Human Impacts on the Biosphere. Used to estimate the amount of impact humans have made, and will make, on the wilderness.
Insitu Wildlife Conservation Organization: The Wildlife Rights Foundation
- Campaign to protect wildlife through the formation of legally binding and enforcable international wildlife and habitat laws.
International Institute for Environment and Development
- An independent, non-profit organization promoting sustainable patterns of world development through collaborative research, policy studies, networking and knowledge dissemination.
International Institute for Sustainable Development
- Information on the use of, and effect on, the environment during economic development, including natural resources.
IUCN: Social Policy
- Information about social concerns relevant to conservation work, and options for addressing them.
Natural Resources Institute
- Based at the University of Greenwich, provides training, research, consultancy and advisory services to underpin sustainable development. The majority of the activities focus on harnessing the natural and human capital for the benefit of developing countries.
Overseas Development Institute
- An independent organisation based in the UK, concerned with international development and humanitarian issues, advising practices which will lead to the reduction of poverty and the achievement of sustainable development.
- Engages businesses and private landowners in advancing the stewardship of our land and water in partnership with the environmental community.
- Ensure that trade in wild plants and animals is not a threat to the conservation of nature.
- Dedicated to encouraging an environmentally sustainable society, in which human needs are met in ways that do not threaten the health of the natural environment or the prospects of future generations.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 21, 2014 at 2:46:15 UTC -