become an editor
the entire directory
only in Conservation/Reptiles_and_Amphibians
Reptiles and Amphibians
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Conservation: Reptiles and Amphibians
Frogs and Toads
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Chordata: Amphibia
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Chordata: Reptilia
This category in other languages:
- An international partnership to ensure the global survival of amphibians, especially those that cannot be safeguarded in nature. Includes background information, campaign resources, activities, petition, news, and contacts.
Amphibian Information Website
- Searchable databases of literature references, researchers, and web sites dealing with amphibian conservation. The references database contain data only for USA.
- Allows free access to information on amphibian biology and conservation.
The Antiguan Racer Conservation Project
- Give information about the racer snake, Alsophis antiguae, its location and the work being undertaken to protect it.
British Chelonia Group
- A charity dedicated to the welfare of tortoises, terrapins and turtles. Information on aspects of care and husbandry is given, as well as scientific articles.
Canadian Amphibian and Reptile Conservation Network
- Works to preserve the species native to Canada. Includes details on various species, related links, a quiz, annual meeting information, a list of their projects, and news items.
Gopher Tortoise Council
- Group that works toward the conservation and education about the gopher tortoise (Gopherus polyphemus). General information about the tortoise, conservation and education efforts, and publications are available.
The Herpetological Conservation Trust
- This registered charity is the lead partner in the Species Action Plans for the conservation of the UK's reptiles and amphibians.
The Horned Lizard Conservation Society
- A non-profit organization dedicated to the appreciation, study and conservation of the various species of horned lizard.
Leatherback Sea Turtle
- The Wildlife Conservation Society provides a factsheet on this threatened species, the threats and challenges it faces and the conservation efforts being made.
North American Amphibian Monitoring Program
- Part of a global effort to study and conserve amphibians.
Partners in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation
- Working to conserve amphibians and reptiles by promoting research, sound habitat management, and educating the public.
Swiss Amphibian and Reptile Conservation Programme
- A task force to promote, implement and coordinate efforts to conserve the native amphibian and reptile fauna, which is protected by law since 1967.
Tomistoma Task Force
- A nonprofit wildlife conservation initiative for endangered crocodilian Tomistoma schlegelii (False Gharial).
- A charity dedicated to the preservation and conservation of tortoises, turtles, and terrapins worldwide.
BBC News | Vanishing reptiles prompt concern
- Scientists say there is evidence that reptiles are undergoing a decline even more marked than that now affecting amphibians. (August 10, 2000)
Reptiles and Amphibians
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 10, 2013 at 6:15:07 UTC -