become an editor
the entire directory
only in Conservation/Plants
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Plantae
Science: Environment: Forests and Rainforests
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species: Ecosystems and Habitats: Forests
Aquatic Subsurface Injection Systems
- Seagrass restoration using patented planting and fertilization techniques. Services, photos, and contact information.
Australian Network for Plant Conservation
- Objectives are to develop, maintain, and co-ordinate a national network of organisations and individuals, promoting co-operation and information exchange for plant conservation and contribute to the recovery and long term survival of threatened plants.
Botanic Gardens Conservation International
- Provides technical guidance, data and support for botanic gardens in almost 100 countries worldwide.
Botanic Gardens Conservation International
- One third of all the world's plant species are currently threatened or face extinction in the wild. BGCI brings together the botanic gardens to work for plant conservation through science, education and horticulture.
California Native Plant Society
- The CNPS is a non-profit organization dedicated to the appreciation and conservation of California native plants through education, science, horticulture and advocacy.
Canadian Botanical Conservation Network
- A registered charitable organization which helps conserve biological diversity through networking tools and conservation programs for botanical gardens and arboreta.
Center for Plant Conservation
- A national consortium of 28 botanical gardens and arboreta dedicated to saving America's endangered plants.
- Promotes the managed use of native plants for ecological restoration projects in the UK and Ireland. Includes details of training courses and other events, a bulletin board, and descriptions of current projects.
Maryland Native Plant Society
- Dedicated to Protecting, Conserving, and Restoring Maryland's Native Plants and Habitats.
The National Council for the Conservation of Plants
- Information on the conservation of the biodiversity of garden plants for the benefit of horticulture, education and science.
Nature Conservation and Plant Ecology Group
- Carries out ecological research aimed at gaining insight into processes at the ecosytem and population level and uses those insights to optimise nature conservation.
New England Wild Flower Society
- The Society owns and manages seven sanctuaries, protecting rare species as well as examples of New England habitats. In the wild, they monitor the survival of hundreds of rare plants and provide habitat management advice and information.
Orchid Conservation Coalition
- The OCC is an organization made up of people, orchid societies, and orchid businesses, dedicated to raising awareness and money for orchid and habitat preservation.
Plant Conservation Alliance
- Information about projects, grants and funding, meetingsand members.
Plant Conservation Unit
- A small unit within the University of Cape Town's Faculty of Science, undertaking research and extension and post-graduate teaching directed at improving the conservation status of the Cape Floristic Region.
Plant Genetic Resources Conservation Unit
- Responsible for acquiring, characterising, maintaining, evaluating, documenting and distributing genetic resources of agricultural and horticultural crops, including wild species.
- A magazine providing information, encouragement and advice on plant conservation.
- The wild plant charity, which carries out plant species and habitat conservation, owns and manages nature reserves, campaigns, and raises awareness through education.
Royal Botanic Gardens Edinburgh: Conservation
- Conservation policy and aims and links to current projects.
Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
- Housing the largest living plant collection in the world, Kew Gardens also undertakes research into taxonomy, economic and ethnobotany and conservation.
Tropical Marine Plant Conservation Working Group
- Provides information about marine algae and marine Spermatophytes growing on the coasts of Ryukyu archipelago
Washington Rare Plant Conservation Program
- Dedicated to conserving Washington's native rare plants through methods including ex situ conservation, rare plant monitoring, research, reintroduction and education.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 1, 2015 at 9:24:04 UTC -