become an editor
the entire directory
only in Mammals/Primates
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Conservation: Mammals: Primates
Recreation: Pets: Exotic: Primates
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Chordata: Mammalia: Primates
Science: Biology: Zoology: Chordates: Mammalogy: Primatology
Society: Issues: Animal Welfare: Animal Experiments - Vivisection: Primates
Society: Issues: Animal Welfare: Specific Animals: Primates
Society: Organizations: Animal Welfare: Rescues and Shelters: Primates
American Society of Primatologists
- The conservation mission of the Society is: to establish liaison between the Society, conservation groups, and research resources development agencies, provide information on the status of wild populations of nonhuman primates, monitor primate trade, research the success of captive breeding programs and enactment of legislation aimed at conservation of nonhuman primates.
- The Ape Alliance is an international coalition of organisations and individuals, working for the conservation and welfare of apes.
- Animal Wild Aid, Rehabilitation and Education supports the Lwiro primate sanctuary in The Democratic Republic of Congo. Includes a blog about what's happening there.
Bonobo Conservation Initiative
- BCI is a non-profit organisation which conducts bonobo surveys, establishes protected areas and works to increase global awareness about bonobos.
Cercopan Primate Sanctuary
- Provides sanctuary and rehabilitation to more than 60 individuals of six species.
The Douc Langur Project
- Douc Langurs (Pygathrix nemaeus) are colobine monkeys found most frequently in the primary evergreen forests of Vietnam and Laos. Despite efforts by local , provincial and state authorities, little or no effective protection of the endangered Douc Langur population exists at the present time.
International Primate Protection League
- The International Primate Protection League works for the well-being of primates. IPPL has Field Representatives in 31 countries. Its Advisory Board is composed of experts from the fields of zoology, anthropology, medicine, biology, veterinary medicine, and psychology.
Jane Goodall Institute for Wildlife Research, Education and Conservation
- Leads visitors on a tour through our global conservation, and environmental education programs; provides a glimpse into the lives of the chimpanzees of Gombe National Park and in our African sanctuaries; and introduces visitors to Jane Goodall -- her childhood, her work, and her current activities.
OrangAid: Save the Orangutans
- A non-profit volunteer organization to promote awareness and conservation of endangered orangutans. Includes videos and photos.
Orangutan Foundation International
- Orangutan conservation, rainforest preservation, education and wildlife research.
The Orangutan Foundation UK
- The aim of the foundation is to protect the orangutan and the conservation of its rainforest habitat whilst caring for and repatriating ex-captive orangutans back into the wild.
Pacific Primate Sanctuary, Wailuku, Maui
- Sanctuary for endangered and distressed species of New World Primates such as the Cotton-top Tamarin. Facts about these endangered species, personal stories of rescue, and many ways you can help including volunteering.
Primate Conservation Inc
- Learn more about how to protect endangered monkeys, apes, lemurs and lorises from extinction.
Primate Society of Great Britain
- Founded in 1967 to promote research into all aspects of primate biology, conservation and management.
Silvery Gibbon Project
- Hylobates moloch is a critically endangered species unique to Java in South-East Asia. Includes vocalizations, information on threatened habitat, and details of conservation efforts.
The Simian Society of America
- A non-profit organization founded in 1957 to improve the welfare of primates in captivity.
Sumatran Orangutan Society
- Information about the Sumatran orangutan (Pongo abelii), the threat to their survival and membership details.
The Wild Chimpanzee Foundation
- chimps, wild, chimpanzees, save the chimpanzees. WCF is dedicated to saving the last of the wild chimpanzees and their habitat, the African forests.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, April 8, 2013 1:24:08 PM EDT -