become an editor
the entire directory
only in Marine_Mammals/Cetaceans
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Chordata: Mammalia: Cetacea
The Bottlenose Dolphin Research Institute
- BDRI undertakes scientific research and education to contribute to the conservation of dolphins. Includes details of courses, research, resources and support.
Delphis Mediterranean Dolphin Conservation
- a non profit organization for the conservation of cetaceans through education and research in the waters of Ischia Island. Find description of projects, publications, projects, and staff profiles. In English and Italian.
The Dolphin Institute
- A Honolulu organization dedicated to dolphins and whales through education, research, and conservation.
Dolphins and the Tuna Industry
- Complete text of the book that presents key conclusions about the controversial killing of thousands of dolphins each year during tuna fishing in the eastern tropical Pacific.
Earthtrust - Wildlife Conservation Worldwide
- An environmental organization based in Hawaii. ET works to save the dolphins and whales, against whaling, driftnets, and tuna fisheries.
- Contains information on the status of the Chinese white dolphin. Includes a summary of threats and population estimates.
Greenpeace Foundation: Dolphin Alert
- Information on the organizations stand on the protection of the species with reference to changing US restrictions on tuna fishing practices. Offers links to articles.
- The Wildlife Conservation Society provides a factsheet on this species, the threats and challenges it faces and the conservation efforts being made.
Irish Whale and Dolphin Group (IWDG)
- Dedicated to the conservation and better understanding of cetaceans in Irish waters.
IRN Publications: Working Papers: River Dolphins: Can They Be Saved?
- Elizabeth Carpino provides a summary of the threats to the world's freshwater dolphins caused by habitat degradation and habitat loss. Published by the International Rivers Network.
Killer Whales: Conservation and Research
- Outline provided by Sea World describes the importance of legal protections, research and marine zoological parks for species preservation.
New Zealand Whale and Dolphin Trust
- Dedicated to fostering effective preservation and protection through research. Discover species profiles, information on projects, contacts and news.
The Ocean Alliance
- Dedicated to the conservation of whales and their ocean environment through research and education.
Save The Whales
- Organization dedicated to the conservation and preservation of the species. Includes news, information on research and contacts.
SCADPlus: International Dolphin Conservation Programme
- Offers summaries of legislative activities of the European Union. Find information on measures taken to reduce species mortality during tuna fishing.
Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society
- International charity dedicated to the worldwide conservation and protection of whales, dolphins and porpoises.
Reviewing Scientists Say Proposed Conservation Measures Unlikely To Help Whales
- Science Daily article discusses doubts raised by scientists charged by the International Whaling Commission (IWC) to review the effectiveness of sanctuaries for conservation. (January 30, 2005)
Whaling Embargo Hopes on Kiribati
- Article discusses the island nation's new membership to the International Whaling Commission (IWC) and how it changes the balance of power. (January 18, 2005)
BBC News: Extinction Nears for Whales and Dolphins
- Alex Kirby reports that some species are now so endangered they may not survive another 10 years. Features photos and related links. (May 14, 2003)
U.S. Changes Meaning of Dolphin Safe Tuna Label
- Cat Lazaroff describes why the criteria have been changed for tuna harvested in the Eastern Tropical Pacific. Includes a discussion of potential impacts on dolphin populations. (January 06, 2003)
Saving Freshwater Dolphins Means Saving Their Rivers
- Article by Debra Boyce of the Christian Science Monitor describes the ecological challenges caused by humans that threaten the species group. Features links to related sites. (June 03, 1999)
Usenet alt.animals.whales -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 30, 2014 at 7:54:05 UTC -