become an editor
the entire directory
only in Mammals/Marine_Mammals
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Conservation: Mammals: Marine Mammals
Recreation: Travel: Specialty Travel: Ecotourism: Dolphins, Manatees, and Whales
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Chordata: Mammalia: Cetacea
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Chordata: Mammalia: Pinnipedia
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Chordata: Mammalia: Sirenia
Science: Biology: Zoology: Chordates: Mammalogy: Marine Mammals
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species: Ecosystems and Habitats: Coastal and Oceans
- An interactive site containing images of marine life collected and contributed by the user community. Data includes tagged images of whales, dolphins, seals, sea turtles and other marine and coastal life.
Friends of the Sea Otter
- Home page of Friends of the Sea Otter, a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting the threatened sea otter.
IOSF - International Otter Survival Fund
- Dedicated to the conservation of all 13 species of otter. We fund conservation programmes in endangered species
International Marine Mammal Project
- Working to make oceans safe for marine mammals worldwide.
Marine Mammal Stranding Center
- A private non-profit organization based in Brigantine, New Jersey. Since the Center's founding in 1978, it has responded to over 1500 calls for stranded whales, dolphins, seals, and sea turtles that washed ashore on New Jersey beaches.
NOAA Fisheries - National Marine Fisheries Service
- Promotes sustainable fisheries, recovery of protected species, and the health of coastal marine habitats in the USA.
Save the Manatee Club
- A membership-based, national nonprofit organization in through which the public can participate in conservation efforts to save endangered manatees from extinction.
- A multimedia public education project designed to raise awareness of the world ocean and the life within it.
Seal Conservation Society
- News, resources and information on pinnipeds (seals, sea lions and walruses).
Texas Marine Mammal Stranding Network
- The Network rescues and rehabilitates marine mammals that strand along the Texas Coast, providing food, medical treatment, and 24-hour-a-day observation.
The Marine Mammal Center
- The Marine Mammal Centre is involved in rescue, research and education. You can read about all of these activities on their website. Also features Adopt-A-Seal program, virtual tour of the centre and How You Can Help page.
Tracking Threatened Birds and Animals
- From Space Today Online, see how marine animals are tracked by using satellites.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, April 19, 2009 6:43:46 PM EDT -