become an editor
the entire directory
only in Conservation/Mammals
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: Living Things: Animals: Mammals
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Chordata: Mammalia
This category in other languages:
Action Plan for Australian Marsupials and Monotremes
- Reviews the conservation status of 209 taxa of Australian monotremes and marsupials: one species and three sub-species of monotremes and 112 species and 93 subspecies of marsupials.
The American Society of Mammalogists
- Promotes the study of mammals and involved in providing information for public policy, resources management, conservation, and education.
American Society of Primatologists: Conservation
- The Society's conservation programs, Conservation Award Information and Winners.
The Buffalo War
- A show examining the clash between Native Americans, ranchers, environmentalists and government officials over the yearly slaughter of wild bison in Yellowstone National Park.
Carolina Tiger Rescue
- Nonprofit organization that rescues animals, primarily wildcats, and provides conservation education to the public. Includes animal descriptions, information about volunteerism and donations, hours, and directions. Located in Pittsboro, North Carolina.
The David Shepherd Conservation Foundation
- Raises funds and works for the survival of tigers, elephants, rhinos and other critically endangered mammals in the wild.
Defenders of Wildlife: Sea Otter
- Provides information on the sea otter conservation and advocacy program organized by the North American conservation group, Defenders of Wildlife.
EDGE of Existence
- A project to conserve the world's most Evolutionarily Distinct and Globally Endangered (EDGE) species. Features photographs and details of the 100 most threatened animals, and explains the research and protection measures undertaken by scientists. Includes donation facility.
International Rhino Foundation
- A non-profit corporation of institutions and individuals worldwide whose sole purpose is the conservation of Black, White, Sumatran, Javan and Indian Rhinos.
- The Wildlife Conservation Society provides a factsheet on this endangered species, the threats and challenges it faces and the conservation efforts being made.
- Conservation organization aiming to provide community education and action to save the koala. Includes a blog, information on membership, the mapping project, news and FAQ.
Mammal Species of the World
- A database of mammalian taxonomy providing an on-line reference for identifying or verifying recognized scientific names and for taxonomic research.
Marine Mammal Consulting Group
- Implements offshore mitigation plans and marine conservation. Gives information about marine mammals, projects undertaken, photographs and contact details.
Rhino Resource Center
- Provides a searchable database of information on the five endangered species of rhinoceros with the aim of assisting research and conservation of the rhinoceros worldwide.
Seals and Sea Lions
- Information on Australian Seals and Sea Lions, including photographs and the Australian Seal Action Plan.
Vechur Conservation Trust
- A trust formed to save the Vechur, the smallest cow in the world, from the brink of extinction.
Wild Camel Protection Foundation
- Conservation of the wild Bactrian camel -- details of education resources, news, Lop Nur Reserve.
- The Wildlife Conservation Society provides a factsheet on this species, the threats and challenges it faces and the conservation efforts being made.
The Wombat Foundation
- Non-profit organization working to save the northern hairy-nosed wombat in Australia. Includes details of their habitat and endangered status, as well as information about the recovery program and research center.
Wombat Protection Society of Australia Ltd
- Includes photographs of adults and babies, advice for treating injured animals, research findings, and children's activities.
Yorkshire Mammal Group
- Aims to promote the scientific study and conservation of mammals and to encourage a wider public interest in them.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 8, 2014 at 12:13:55 UTC -